Looking for an underwater loudspeaker, attached on a face mask/full face mask,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmas

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last edited:
If your objective is to talk to students while both you and they are underwater, the simple solution is a FFM with comms for you and listening pieces for them. The earpieces clip on a mask and receive just like the comms on the FFM, but do not have any transmit capability.

There are also underwater speakers or hydrophone that connect with the hard wired comms, but I'm not sure how they work with wireless. Contact OTS and they will figure out the simplest solution.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

That actually looks like it might be the OTS system as kwinter suggested - Ocean Technology Systems
Prof Smith wore a full face mask which included a microphone and students wore headsets so they could hear him talk.

That actually looks like it might be the OTS system as kwinter suggested - Ocean Technology Systems

That is exactly what they are using. The comms are called buddyphone, and are diver to diver and diver to shore. They have a max range of around 300' (wireless) and are line of sight. And I can't even imagine having to listen to a lecture on one of those.

what he said, NC State has a set of them. They work very well, just are rather expensive so you have to make sure they don't get lost. Only other way to do it is if you have one of the surface units and broadcast from there. Huge power requirements to broadcast underwater and not something you can do on your person.

Shop | Ocean Technology Systems
These are the receive units

broadcast units

for loudspeaker
you need one of those, plus a hydrophone from the DRS-100B

Many thanks for your reply, actually those are the ones, i just verify this with the professor from Essex university.

Kind regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom