Looking for an Outer Banks Diving overview

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Balance, there is a Sticky at the top of the NC forum with all the links to NC dive shops. That will save you some time digging for contact info.

I've only done the shore dive in Hatteras and I thought that was fun. :D

Here is the link: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=99945

*why* did you think that was fun, mel? with the exception of getting bowled like a pin coming out, and watching paula in action, that trip was not so much fun...

Where did you shore dive in Hatteras? Never heard of a shore dive there. But I'd like to!!
Water was 83 degrees on the offshore wrecks in August last summer, and 81 degrees in med-september. They are in Gulf Stream eddies. Lots of tropicals.

it was nags head. the triangle wrecks. she's hallucinating.

Finally getting back to planning this. We're tentatively looking at a house in Hatteras for a week in September or maybe late August.

I figure we'll plan to dive 3-4 days with an pre-arranged charter, maybe try to do shore dives one day, and chill out for the remaining day or two.

Any idea of what kind of wetsuit we'd need for that?

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

3mm full is probably fine for the Hatteras stuff. I'm not sure about the beach dives if those are more north, but I'd guess 3mm would be fine there too.

If your days are interchangeable, plan the charter days at the start of the week. Mother nature has a way of giving you days off from diving, and it's nice to have some backup days for boat dives later in the week in case that happens.

Rich

highlandfarmwv:
Hatteras diving is wonderful. Outer Banks Diving is the shop in Hatteras. John and Any Pieno own the shop and have a website www.outerbanksdiving.com Great group.

Echo the recommendation on Outer Banks Diving - good people good operation. If you stay down at Hatteras (which was my take on your plans) that is the best shop to go with. If you can, also consider the Kassandra Louloudis as a dive - very enjoyable wreck and artifacts still to be found (Johnny can help there).

OB Diving is one of my primary companies I'm looking at diving with along with Dive Hatteras.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm jsut wishing it was closer to September!

Back
Top Bottom