Looking for an Engineer in USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a draeger gag strap with a comfobite or moldable bite piece will get you quite close. From your site it kinda sounds like you are trying to make a full face with low volume and isolated eye pocket. Would be interested to see it.

I do think it would be more important to have an experienced person properly trim you out. I don't know a single human that is naturally trimmed and properly weighted. Probably 90% of divers aren't either. I am constantly working on mine and sometimes I changed something and it sucks again.

Getting the right amount of lead, or in rarer cases foam, adjusted and placed properly could make the world of difference in someone unable to move different limbs.

The positive pressure with full face mask would probably be the safest option, but scuba is full of risks. Choose yours wisely.

I R engineer! Not sure how much help I can be.
You are absolutely correct! I'm trying to create a full face mask with low volume and isolated eye pocket. I want people with disabilities including me to be able to swim around underwater without the need for extra equipment.

Here's a picture of me scuba diving in my pool.

pic008.jpg

As you can see from the picture, the full face scuba mask keeps me upright. I need extra equipment to put myself in a good swimming position.

Nope, your lungs are keeping you upright.
When floating on my back just in my swim shorts, I have to put my arms above behind my head as far as I can or I will go vertical. Same for face down. Legs will go down.
Your legs are just bones and muscles, they are higher density.
If you can, put your arms in front of you as far as you can. It's all about leverage, your lungs being pivot point.

• Bullseye!
Reactions: Zef
Nope, your lungs are keeping you upright.
When floating on my back just in my swim shorts, I have to put my arms above behind my head as far as I can or I will go vertical. Same for face down. Legs will go down.
Your legs are just bones and muscles, they are higher density.
If you can, put your arms in front of you as far as you can. It's all about leverage, your lungs being pivot point.
Either way, I want something that's low volume.

Here's a picture of me scuba diving in my pool.

View attachment 825395

As you can see from the picture, the full face scuba mask keeps me upright. I need extra equipment to put myself in a good swimming position.

You are also lacking the counter balancing properties of a scuba tank as you are on SSA. We also use trim weights. (I am very leg heavy)

Even hull cleaners using SSA use weights to sink and balance themselves out.

No, none of us have the physical challenges you have, but we do know SCUBA quite well...

Trim is a very important concept.

A proper leaded necklace is all you need for bringing your head down. Free divers use them routinely.
See here:

Then, if you do not like your large FF mask, here is a low volume one, called the IST M37 Pegasus and found on Amazon:
71Fs8pMRXhL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom