Looking for advice on wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kamades

Reaction score
Ok, i'm starting to look at wetsuits. I'm trying to figger out how thick a suit i will need to dive up here in Canada. Water temp gets to about 10 C. i'm not sure what that is in F, but its around 50ish i think.

I dont want a dry suit. i tried one in the lake i intend to do alot of diving in with my divemaster, and it was way too warm.

Any advice?

Hey Kamades,

Where abouts are you diving in Canada? Me and the girlfriend go diving in Banff AB all the time and all we use is a 7mm 2 piece. The water temp is about 6 c and we are totally comfortable. I plan to get a dry suit eventually but for the mean time the wetsuits fine. The only catch it gets colder in late fall and isn't best to dive in with only a wet suit. On the other hand it depends where your diving because in Banff the lakes are glacier fed.

I'm just in Calgary.

So i guess the 7 mm will do then :)

I live in the south end of Calgary, near Lake Chaparral.

I'm going thru Adventures in Scuba. Its a great place :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom