Looking for a vintage "EDGE" dive computer by ORCA Industries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTDivers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for one of the first "Edge" dive computers produced by ORCA industries back in the early 80's. Can anyone assist me in this quest.

Thanks for your time,

Trevor Anders

I have a friend who still uses one - I don't think it is one of the very first models, but it is pretty damn old.

If you are interested I could find out details, and ask him if he might be willing to sell it?

See PM

One is an EDGE, the other is an OCEAN EDGE, different thing.

I still use my ORCA EDGE on a routine basis.

On both cases, it says "the EDGE". How can you tell the difference and, perhaps more importantly, what is the difference?

The ORCA EDGE (electronic diving guide) is a big aluminum block that you could take a couple of pounds off of your weightbelt and chock your car tires when changing a flat. First real dive computer that worked, although it had its moments. I still have mine, #7934.

Ocean Edge was a company that bought up most of the Tekna stuff and their computer was air integrated and had a little diver graphic representing N2 uptake, as I recall.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom