Looking for a Tablet to Transfer image files

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for Asus. Android does have limited support USB hubs. It will work with something like a mouse and a flash drive, but I have not have luck connecting my camrea and a flash drive. I do not think it can handle two external storage devices at the same time. No big deal just have to transfer from camera to the tablet and then from the tablet to the flash, a little more time consuming at the end of the day. I think my Asus does a great job and really happy with my choice, but some might think that they are to expensive, in which case if you are looking for something cheaper then I would go with an Archos or Onda. Another thought is that there are some Windows 8 tablets out there that might do a better job with having two external storage devices at the same time, but I don't know for sure.

Lenovo tablets are the way to go. They have windows O/W and you can even install MSFT apps and logbook software to download your dive data from your dive computer.

I have an iPad with the camera kit (about $30) which supports SD cards and USB. Certain USB devices that require power won't work unless you add a powered USB hub (about $15) - I have used this to get my Flip videos and Compact Flash pictures into the iPad photo app successfully.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom