Looking for a specific valve.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyronGanes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My instructor gave me this bottle for drysuit argon use. I can't seem to find a valve for it and neither can my LDS. Does anyone know more about it? Thanks!

ib19rYQ.jpg

ASHE2kG.jpg

lclccFr.jpg

You'll likely get better info if you post clear pics of all the tank markings. all I can make out is manufactured in 10-2000 with a plus rating for 10% overfill, it has both DOT and TC markings for use in the US and Canada, it's a 3AA steel tank with an 2650psi working pressure.

The threads look like they may be NPT but can't say for sure.

CGA 870...Medical O2 ..."maybe"... do yourself a favor....buy a proper argon bottle...your setting yourself up for latta money/lotta hassle... jmo.

Bubs

If it's NPT, a nipple or a valve will not screw in all the way. Tapered pipe threads do not screw in all the way like straight threads but rather go in part way then get tight, that is normal so don't expect a nipple to go in more than 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch without using a wrench.

As herman said - from the valve manufacturer:

Primarily used for old 71.2 cu. ft. (2016 liter) steel cylinders with tapered inlet threads this valve is sealed with the use of Teflon tape not an O-ring.

Back
Top Bottom