Looking for a slate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mouth Breather old

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find a slate I saw advertised SOMEWHERE. It wasn't huge..I think you could fit it into a large pocket. But the most interesting thing about it is that in addtion to having some space to write...there were also a bunch of pre-printed questions and answers that could be helpful underwater. I can't remember the questions but they were things that couldn't easily be expressed using hand signals. "Does this drysuit make my butt look big?" Stuff like that.

Mouth Breather

Look at the Dive Right "Executive" slate. it's small multi-page slate that fits easily into all pockets that I hae (BC and drysuit).

Dee once said from her soapbox...
But it doesn't have anything pre-printed on it.
That's nothing that a bit of creativity and a Sharpie won't fix.

My LDS has some on the peg board. They ordered them because they had the words and short phrases that you are talking about. Such as "Don't Touch" and "Dangerous" or "Follow Me" and so on.

I'll check with my LDS if you like, and get the manufacturer and model number of the slate for you, however, your LDS should have a catalogue on hand and will most likely have it listed.

It's not very expensive, and I too like the "canned" words or phrases it has. It would make U/W conversations alot easier than squinting at a thin almost invisible pencil mark on a slate.

Your kidding me, right? A slate with 'sayings' or 'jargon' on them?

What will they think of next?

Honest, they exist. I looked at it for about 10 minutes and realized that almost anything I had written or would liked to have written was printed in sharp black on white, on the back side of the slate. The front side was still blank for the usual diatribe. The one that my LDS has is a smaller slate, about 4" by 8" (I'm guessing) and looked real handy.

All one would have to do is to point at the words or phrases in order, making up a sentence. A lot faster and clearer than writing as far as I can see. (you'd agree if you saw my hand writing)

Yes PT YES YES YES!!! (I get excited very easily)

That's the slate I was looking for. I saw it months ago but didn't buy it because I thought that I would be able to find in anywhere (wrong). Please find out who the manufacturers and post it for me. Thanks a million!

Innovative Scuba Concepts is the name of the manufacturer, the part number of the slate is SL4106. It sells for $15.00 full retail here in canada with a pencil, split ring and snap clip included.

Hope this helps you in your quest...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom