Looking for a resort with big pelagics, that equally caters to scuba and snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rupert Maclanahan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife does not scuba (believe me, she's tried, it's just not happening), but loves to snorkel. I want to take her to diving-centered resort that is equally good for snorkelers and divers, and also has some big stuff to look at. I've been to Wakatobi in Indonesia, which fits the bill as far as diving/snorkeling, but it was pretty much looking at pretty coral and some smaller fish (although plenty of turtles). Lots of resorts mention snorkeling, but it is just generally just beach snorkeling. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey, if she'll snorkle and let him scuba, that's pretty good!

Lauderdale by the Sea might fit & it's a quick trip from CO to test it out economically.

My wife does not scuba (believe me, she's tried, it's just not happening), but loves to snorkel. I want to take her to diving-centered resort that is equally good for snorkelers and divers, and also has some big stuff to look at. I've been to Wakatobi in Indonesia, which fits the bill as far as diving/snorkeling, but it was pretty much looking at pretty coral and some smaller fish (although plenty of turtles). Lots of resorts mention snorkeling, but it is just generally just beach snorkeling. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You might look into the Nai'a and one of their trips to Tonga. They offer them late summer early fall and are for seeing the Antarctic Humpback Whales. With the whales you only snorkel (illegal to dive with whales) However each day they will also offer a dive or two. If you can stand it to give up a few dives and go snorkeling with your wife to see some truly wondrous creatures and share something special together while on a liveaboard you both could have a great time. Fair disclosure though, this isn't a liveaboard trip where you will get the typical 5 dives a day. It is about the whales. But well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom