Looking for a Portable Dive Gear Cart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WonderSlug

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy all

I am trying to find some sort of portable, preferably collapsible, dive gear cart to haul 2 sets of gear or so from the car to where ever I happen to be diving. Something to hold 2 to 4 tanks securely plus all the other gear.

Why? Because I am lazy, and hate having to carry it all in multiple trips.

Anyone know of anything like this?

Thanks
-=WonderSlug

I've used a garden cart to get my gear to the water.

But the weirdest contraption I've seen is a guy that looked like he converted a hand golf cart. He had wheels attached to his tank and a handle that folded down. He would walk his setup to waters edge and then fold down the handles and wheels and just go diving with the entire setup.

This is a man that is truely lazy.

Also a man that wants to be stared at, or laughed at.

I use a aluminum folding cart. Works great, relitively small and holds a ton of stuff.

folditdiagram.jpg

Foldit - Marine Grade Aluminum Folding Utility Cart

Try using the Tank Trolley. It is easy to slip over the tank and can be taken off easy to store in your dive bag. I've traveled all over the world with mine since 2005. It will roll in the sand too with no problems! Its an essential piece of my dive gear now, Its always in my dive bag. when I rent a tank on vacation, the tank trolley goes on it. www.tanktrolley.net

Attachments

• IMG_9429.jpg
    IMG_9429.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 433
  • 2018-26-02-21-35-40.jpeg
    2018-26-02-21-35-40.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 243
I use a 37" Husky rolling job box from Home Depot. $50 - much cheaper than other models. It has two grooves you can use to strap on two tanks with a cinch strap if you like.
20181106_134348.jpg
The wheels are barely adequate for sand if you are heavily loaded. But for everything else, it's magnificent. Mine's two years old and still going strong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom