Looking for a mid-week dive buddy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bouyancy anchor is a large chunk of concrete with an eye bolt in it used as an anchor for the bouyancy course we are going to sink next.

Sorry Monday and Tuesday are out for both Mike and I. Hes going on Wreck mania and I have Rescue class on Tuesday.

BottomDweller.. Will you be here on a Sat or Sun?

Blue, as I rememer from Bartending I'm guessing you get home late and sleep in. You couldn't do like a noon dive on a weekend?

TwoBit

Hello TwoBitTxn.
Right now, I'm not sure exactly when I'll be in Dallas. The earliest would be Friday morning (July 20). Where do you prefer to dive ?
I am getting mixed reviews about Athens. Is Clear Springs a better spot ? It has been a few months since I've been in the water, so I was thinking about starting at Athens and then going to Clear Springs, But I guess water is water so I don't mind where we go as long as we're diving. Any suggestions ?
Be there in about a week. See ya, Ray.

Originally posted by blue32
By the way Ken, I got my 5mm wetsuit on sale for $269 at Aqua Adventures on Greenville ave. It's a Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch. I'm not sure if they're still on sale but it would be worth a phone call. It sure is comfy. :wink:

Hey, thanks for the tip. I might have to wander over there and check it out. As for Monday or Tuesday, I might be available. Let me know where you want to go and I'll see.

Ken

Ray,
I should be available after the 21st...just let me know.

It basically boils down to this....Athens is shallow and has no fish or thermocline. Clear Springs is just that -- a spring-fed lake -- but has both fish and two thermoclines. Pick your poison...lol

Both of them are good in their own ways. They're just different as night and day. I've dived both of them and like both of them for different reasons. I can go to either one or both. Again, just let me know.

Ken

Ray,

Friday is the 19th.

I like CSSP better because it has the life in it. The temp drops quickly below 27ft, but I don't have to go to the bottom. Vis has been much better at CSSP than at Athens, because Athens gets more messed up by the rain.

I'm going to find a way to dive next weekend. Somewhere. The 27th and 28th I have DM stuff to do.

TwoBit

was back toward the "average range" of 8-10 feet or so even with the rain.

But CSSP does have the benefit of having more water (slightly bigger lake, and more depth) so it takes more for above water weather to affect the vis.

TwoBit...any chance of CSSP experiencing an alge bloom that would tank the vis? Or are there enough other organisms to keep that in check?

Also, what did Debbie/Robert say about making a particular evening a regular thing?

No response from Debbie on the weeknight thing.

Algae, sure. Its prime time for it. Lots of sun and warm water. Its gonna get tough above the thermocline soon.

I almost came out to Athens Sunday, but I stayed home and almost finished a house repair chore.

TwoBit

Well, it looks like my schedule won't allow me a dive this week. How about next Monday? I called CSSP and talked to Robert, who was very nice btw. He said weekdays were usually not problem if we called ahead. Who's in??

The it sounds like we can make some sort of regular thing about it.

I'm leaving in 5 minutes for the airport, so I'm out until I get back...but if you folks wanna talk up something for Wednesday (24th) or Thursday, do so and I'll check in to find out if there's any interest.

Have fun in the heat!

(sings) "I'm leaving, on a jet plane..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom