Looking for a mid-week dive buddy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for replying, I was suprised to get so many! This is easier than I thought it would be. You guys read my mind about CP. I'm only 45 minutes from Terrell. My days off change every week, the only thing I can count on is having to work on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I get my schedule for next week tonight, so I can let ya'll know about Wednesday tomorrow. Just to see if we're on the right track, are we talking about day or night diving? or both? I don't have any night dive training...yet. I just bought a new 5mm wetsuit, will that be ok for CP?

Here in the summer time, it stays light for quite awhile, so the night diving won't be so bad...actually, night dives are quite fun. At least I think so. A 5mm should do you just fine at CS. I looked at one the other day, but it was $339...:( All I have is a 3mm.

Ken

Right now we are talking about evening dives. For me probably the earliest I could make it would be 6pm and thats hoping 635 isn't a parking lot. This time of year there is plenty of daylight left then. As the days shorten then naturally that will change. The more you dive low/no vis the more familiar you will become with night diving. Not much difference.

5mm is fine. I don't know how cold natured you are. You may wish to get a hood. That will help alot. The second thermalcline at 30ft is the cold one.

TwoBit

A 5 mil at CSSP is just about right.

when I was out there last Sunday with TwoBit and Texass, I was a bit over warm from 0-15 feet. Just a tad warm at 15-25, and comfy 25 and below.

But that's just me. :)

2-ways to improve the thermal efficiency of any wetsuit is to add either a hood or a hooded vest. Lots of heat is lost out of your head. Plus having the bib of the hood covering the back of your neck keeps you from feeling colder than you are.

I'd be interested in diving during the week at CSSP, too; sometimes it's easier to get away during the week than on the weekends

Any day of the week is good for me through the rest of the summer.

Logan

I go to work at 4 on Wednesday so there's no way I could make it. :uhoh: Anybody up for this Monday or Tuesday?

By the way Ken, I got my 5mm wetsuit on sale for $269 at Aqua Adventures on Greenville ave. It's a Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch. I'm not sure if they're still on sale but it would be worth a phone call. It sure is comfy. :wink:

Howdy Texans. I will be in the DFW area the week of July 22nd.
I would like to hook up with a buddy to dive Clear Springs or maybe Athens.

Back
Top Bottom