Looking for a good Kauai Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha, Natalie!

The diving conditions on the south shore should be pretty fantastic. During the fall/winter months, the south shore is usually calm, flat and beautiful. Just the opposite for the north shore, so as Dave mentioned, Tunnels and Niihau will be out. You should have some great diving while you are here and just before the Christmas rush, too!

Dave, today Mercedes found a tiny little yellow frogfish at Koloa...so cute! We now have 4 resident frogfish there :OP

Natalie

just dove Koloa Landing this morning. It was great! Viz was great, water not cold and may have made a new little friend with a baby turtle. (probably not a baby, but was sure tiny. This little one came right up eye level with me cocked it's head to the side same a circle around me about a foot away. Came back at eye level again, gave me a nod and went on his way.)

Check us out at aascuba.com (Aquatic Adventures scuba) Maybe we will see you soon.

Happy Diving!

Dave, today Mercedes found a tiny little yellow frogfish at Koloa...so cute! We now have 4 resident frogfish there :OP

Check us out at aascuba.com (Aquatic Adventures scuba) Maybe we will see you soon.

Sweet! I really need to get the car industry back on its feet so I can afford another trip to Kauai!

So now you have Mercedes and DMJulie! Sigh.. Now I really have to get back there. Hmmm, I wonder is my Visa could handle one more trip....?

Hey natalie,

Even if you don't dive with us, at least come by and say hi at the shop. Would love to talk story with another Cali girl.

-Happy Diving

Aquatic Adventures only does shore dive. Fathom Five and Seasport Divers are on the south shore and have boat dives and shore dives. Seasport has the largest boat and ample camera space. KAS and Bubbles go out of Port Allen. KAS's boat is very small and no real dry area too work on a camera. Not sure about Bubbles's boat.
Seasport also videotapes all dives.

Aquatic Adventures only does shore dive. Fathom Five and Seasport Divers are on the south shore and have boat dives and shore dives. Seasport has the largest boat and ample camera space. KAS and Bubbles go out of Port Allen. KAS's boat is very small and no real dry area too work on a camera. Not sure about Bubbles's boat.
Seasport also videotapes all dives.

True enough but, KASÃÔ boat is small but it worked very well for me and my family. They are very accommodating and helpful when I wanted to book the whole boat for my family. No other boat operation would allow a private booking for my size of group. They are good folks.

Aquatic Adventures has some truly amazing Dive Masters/guides. They really went the extra mile for us and I would not hesitate to use them on any guided shore dive.

In a better late than never post I wanted to say thanks to Aquatic Adventures.

The week I was in Kauai (12/14 to 12/21) unfortunately turned out to have bad weather - lots of rain, murky water. None of the dive boats or shore operators were going out. On the last day that I could dive Jordan from Aquatic Adventures took me out even though the visibility was about 20'. They warned me about the vis, but said if I was game they would take me.

At any rate, it was a good dive - saw some cool stuff (turtles, leaf scorpionfish, tiger moray) - and most important, at least got in the water. And Aquatic Adventures really makes the diving easy - helping you get your fins on and off in the water, rinsing your gear, etc.

I definitely recommend them to anyone looking at shore diving in Kauai.

Aloha, Natalie!

It was awesome meeting you and thanks again for diving with us!

I agree with Oside Jimc. Tunnels is one of my favorite dives and I have been conducting tours up there for 18 years. It is definitely a site you want a guided tour. Many a diver has found themselves in trouble w/out a guide. Ocean Quest /Fathom Five is owned and operated by 2 dive instructors that built their reputation on shore diving only. The company was expanded to include boat diving and a retail shop in 2001. I'm reading the recognition for boat diving but we also do an excellent job off the shore.

Back
Top Bottom