Looking for a Florida Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I'll definitely post when I am down that way. I actually have an aunt and uncle who just moved to Homestead, so I now have a free place to stay down there when I go diving-you can count on me taking full advantage of that!

I'll look forward to it! We've tentatively been planning a trip for Crystal River late summer/fall to do some diving and snorkeling with manatees. Be sure to watch for it. It looks to be a great event.

We also have a boat dive planned for August in Key Largo. It looks as if there'll be a pretty good turnout. It might be another good place to meet buddies.

Welcome again,
Grier

OrlandoRogue,

Welcome to the area and Scubaboard.
As you have found out by now that you will have a plethora of diving buddies and diving opportunities. Many of us live within a short driving distance of Orlando. Many times we plan short notice dive trips to Venice Beach, the numerous springs, free or otherwise, Rainbow, Crystal and Silver Rivers. We are always looking for new dive buddies along with the friends we have made through the board.
You are welcome to join in on any dive we go on.
Those of us who are single are very harmless and just enjoy the company of other divers. Fear us not.:)
Hope to meet you on future dives.

Chuck

SmokeAire:
OrlandoRogue,

Welcome to the area and Scubaboard.
As you have found out by now that you will have a plethora of diving buddies and diving opportunities. Many of us live within a short driving distance of Orlando. Many times we plan short notice dive trips to Venice Beach, the numerous springs, free or otherwise, Rainbow, Crystal and Silver Rivers. We are always looking for new dive buddies along with the friends we have made through the board.
You are welcome to join in on any dive we go on.
Those of us who are single are very harmless and just enjoy the company of other divers. Fear us not.:)
Hope to meet you on future dives.

Chuck

Thanks for the info! I have already encountered a great reception, so I look forward to taking some new buddies up on their offers. I will definitely keep my eye on the dive trip threads. As for the single thing, I am beginning to let my wall down and accept there is the occassional "decent" guy, but I will still keep my Tae Bo skills up to date just in case.....

OrlandoRogue:
Hi, I'm new to this board, so still trying to feel my way around. In addition to trying to gain some good advice, I was hoping to find an occassional dive buddy. My ex was my last connection to scuba and although there are some male buddy options, I prefer to not worry about getting hit on while diving-I just want to get wet and enjoy the dive. Anyone live near Central Florida? I am up for anything from spring diving to coastal diving. I just want to dive!!!

A dive buddy is just a post away in here. If and when you find yourself in So. Fl., give us a ring; I guarantee you won't be buddyless!!

Seems like you're fitting in really well. The Florida Conch Divers (FCD) group is a great bunch of people. We have experienced and not experienced divers and we all mesh quite well, no one trys to outwit or outsmart anyone by saying things about the newbies...(at least while they are around :eyebrow: ). Really just log in often and look for dives that interest you then just show up and you will always have a dive buddy.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Buddies! Look at all the peeps! I am just restarting school AGAIN! I will be kinda hetic until Mid November but have very other weekend off! Woo Hoo.. I work midnights on a flip flop topsy turvy scheldule. Post on the board when you want to dive and possible where's and see who is going those days. I can certainly understand the "hit on" comment.. being married myself I hate it when the women just simply OVERLOOK the gold band on my finger.. to me it is much more than just a promise it is a oath I swore... oath swearing is a REALLY big deal to me.
I hope to be posting trips that I will be doing during the week later this month looking for a weekday buddies. If not the cattle boats are not too scary as a (solo) dive, with the proper training and equipment.

Eric

scubafool:
Awwwww, I feel a group hug coming on! On the to-do list at the next dive party.

Wiggles in next to OrlandoRogue :wink:

Bob

scubafool:
Awwwww, I feel a group hug coming on! On the to-do list at the next dive party.
Thanks for the warning:scared:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom