Looking for a Florida Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrlandoRogue

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this board, so still trying to feel my way around. In addition to trying to gain some good advice, I was hoping to find an occassional dive buddy. My ex was my last connection to scuba and although there are some male buddy options, I prefer to not worry about getting hit on while diving-I just want to get wet and enjoy the dive. Anyone live near Central Florida? I am up for anything from spring diving to coastal diving. I just want to dive!!!

You've found the right place. The Florida Conch divers is very active here. You just missed a big get together at Venice beach two weeks ago, but I'm sure another will be along soon. There are a lot of divers from the Orlando area.

Welcome to the board.

Anytime your down this way (about an hour and a half southeast) I'll dive with you. My husband (murphdivers286) is actually going to be in your area in a week, I know he was going to try to find someone to buddy up with and hit a few dives while he was there. And he is extermely understanding with your "don't hit on me, I just want to dive" problem. I watched me go through it when I was first certified. Now most of the guys know me and I'm just one of them. You'll eventually get there to if you keep with the same group. Nothing wrong with a little suttle flirting, so long as they know when the lines been crossed.

BTW....... I've never!! had a problem with any of the guys (or girls for that matter) on this board. They've always been so wonderful to both of us. You found the right place for diving buddies.

baitedstorm:
Anytime your down this way (about an hour and a half southeast) I'll dive with you. My husband (murphdivers286) is actually going to be in your area in a week, I know he was going to try to find someone to buddy up with and hit a few dives while he was there. And he is extermely understanding with your "don't hit on me, I just want to dive" problem. I watched me go through it when I was first certified. Now most of the guys know me and I'm just one of them. You'll eventually get there to if you keep with the same group. Nothing wrong with a little suttle flirting, so long as they know when the lines been crossed.

BTW....... I've never!! had a problem with any of the guys (or girls for that matter) on this board. They've always been so wonderful to both of us. You found the right place for diving buddies.

Thanks for the information...it is great news to hear. I'd offer to hit some springs with your hubby when he comes up, but I'm going to Colorado for a week for business. I'll drop you a note, though, if I head down your way (Tampa/Bradenton?). I'd love to go diving with you. Have a great night!

East coast

I am looking for a dive buddy in this area as well. My odd schedule means that I have to have a few, so I can go when I wish. I sent you a PM on this.

Don't worry about the getting hit on thing. I have had both diving and non-diving g/f's, and I think that a diving g/f is better, I have never pushed the issue with a female dive buddy (I have a few), I am just there to dive. I still think diving is the one thing I love more than anything.

I'm kinda north of you (Deland area). I like springs because they are cheap, though I can afford the occasional boat trip. Don't worry, my dearest one would "hit on me" if I were to hit on you, so that won't happen, LOL. Busy this weekend, & possibly next, though next weekend might be a who wants to go with us type thing. Watch for a possible thread. Cheers!

scubafool:
I'm kinda north of you (Deland area). I like springs because they are cheap, though I can afford the occasional boat trip. Don't worry, my dearest one would "hit on me" if I were to hit on you, so that won't happen, LOL. Busy this weekend, & possibly next, though next weekend might be a who wants to go with us type thing. Watch for a possible thread. Cheers!

Excellent, I love it when I hear of women keeping their men in place! I too have the next few weekends filled with non diving activities :( , then a dive in Boynton on the 31st and 1st (you're welcome to come). But, maybe we can get a spring dive in the 3rd of 4th weekend of August. There are still a few I haven't explored. I'll keep an eye on the threads and definitely keep in touch.

I have dove both Alexander & Blue many times. Paradise Springs is probably my favorite freshwater dive, period, but it IS an overhead dive. So are Blue Grotto & Devil's Den. None of the above three require more than OW certs, however. I love to dive any of the above.

Daytona seems to have some decent wreck dives, judging by the 2 wrecks I have been on to date.

Welcome to our group. I'm glad you found us!

We dive pretty often, all over the state. Be sure to check out the Private Trips section for up to date posts about dives that our group is doing.

If you're ever in the southeastern part of the state, be sure to post a note, as we dive from the beaches almost every weekend and are always glad to have new folks join us. It's great reef diving, warm, clear and full of life, and the surface intervals are fantastic.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom