Looking for a Dive Trip to the Flower Gardens...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boosted98gsx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Me and a few friends are wanting to go see the flower gardens this summer. Maybe do some lionfish hunting, and hopefully see the whale sharks.

Any liveaboards running and have open weekends (late June preferred) to run this trip?

Thanks!

They only do one lionfish hunt per year. It isn't in June.

Their calendar shows June 25 & August 27 as NOAA lionfish invitational. So, that could be when.

Ah. End of June. Like the OP wanted. Now all he needs is an invitation.

How do you get that, let alone for a party of 3 to 4?
Well, I've already been wrong once, but IIRC you have to get it from the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary office. But maybe Fling Charters can help. Call Sharon at 979-233-4445.

Your contact for the FGB Sanctuary used to be Michelle, but she may be gone. Marissa can likely help otherwise. 409-621-5151.

Flower Gardens are awesome. No clue on lionfish invitational, but my guess it's full every year. You need to be prepared to be flexible - high seas cause ALOT of cancelations. Find them on Facebook - they post often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom