Looking for a dive buddy for Monterey and Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrewy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ive been diving on and off for past 10years. i want to do some Lobos diving and looking for some one to do it with. perhaps before we can do few beach dives together. im your regular 40yo Joe :) happily married with kids and dogs (no one dives), i live in bay area , so we can even get for beer or want not.

is there a place to look for dive buddies?

I got a decent response from this board posting much like you did right now. I did slightly better at BA diving which is here:

ba_diving : SCUBA divers in the Northern California

Feel free to add my name to your list. I live North of you but like to travel to Monterey and North Coast and I have a decent dive boat for us to hit some great spots.

Steve

Welcome to Scubaboard. So far I have met great dive buddies on SB.

Andrew,

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

My regular buddy and I dive Lobos about once every two months (on a Friday). (It seems something always interferes with our Lobos diving in the interim months. Or next visit to Lobos won't happen until October.) I usually post a thread here at the beginning of that week. We are happy to have other join us; just look for my post.

As you watch the forum, you will find many others posting their dive plans or call for buddies. Just keep watching. If you want to dive a particular day (or days), just start a new thread asking for buddies. I'd expect you to find one more often than not. There's a few people who have recently posted general requests looking for buddies for weekend diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom