looking for a cheap liveaboard? or is a cruise better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the info! the length is not a big deal and actually 3-5 days would be ideal because I don't have many PTO days. I'm going to look at all of your links and read up more. Starting in Florida would be helpful but if it starts somewhere where the flight is not crazy expensive its do able. The more dives the merrier too but just seeing new places is our main goal. The reason for the $1000 price limit is that I am trying to save up so I can go to Australia next summer while still having a good vacation this summer too. Privacy is not a major issue either.

Thanks again for all the info everyone!

Here's my trip: Dry Tortugas 2015 | The NYC Sea Gypsies

This will let you know a little bit more about the Spree and the Dry Tortugas (they go there frequently).

They leave from Key West, but I usually fly to Miami and take a shuttle because there are no direct flights to Key West from NYC. Airfares are typically less than $300 round trip...!

I totally forgot about Juliet. Their 4 day trips run around $1200 up to $1800 for a week. Both Bahamas and Keys trips leave out of Miami so that could be pretty convenient - isn't that about a 3hr. drive?

Their BVI trips leave from St. Thomas since it's the largest airport in the area. You should see some good flight prices since it's also a major cruise embarkation point. Liveaboard Diving Vacations - Juliet Sailing and Diving

diversteve;7409241 There's also Lost Island Voyages - another Bahamas based boat. I believe they start at $1795. Depending on the trip either out of Nassau or Freeport. There's that ferry that runs between FLL and Freeport but I think it's still cheaper to fly. [URL="http://www.lostislandvoyages.com/":
Welcome to Lost Island Voyages | Scuba Diving Adventures in the Bahamas | Miami, FL[/URL]

Lost Island voyages is closer to $1200 for a weeklong trip.

One option you didn't mention was Juliet Sailing & Diving. They're about $1700 for a week and they sail out of Miami. That used to be a huge advantage (at least for me) over Bahamas based liveaboards, but now that Southwest flies to Nassau airfare there is less of an issue.

One option you didn't mention was Juliet Sailing & Diving.
Actually I did, in the post right above yours 2 days ago.

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, the $1795 (I did say I believe) is for LIV's 10 day trips.

Actually I did, in the post right above yours 2 days ago.

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, the $1795 (I did say I believe) is for LIV's 10 day trips.

Sorry, I responded to your first post without having read through the second page yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom