Looking for a Buddy, Point Lobos May 23rd + 24th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone! I'm a newly certified diver heading to Point Lobos on May 23rd and 24th and looking for a good buddy to do a few dives with. I already have the necessary reservations to get in the park.

A little bit about me...I just finished my NAUI OW certification. Did a 10+ week class with an LA County instructor (a comprehensive class, I'd say). And finished the ocean dives with a local UTD instructor. I'm still working on my trim and buoyancy, but my husband (a tech diver) says I look pretty good in the water. Hopefully he's right.

I'm diving with a 7mm wetsuit and a 5mm hooded vest. I have all the other gear I need as well. I've been told the waters will be cold, so I'm probably looking at dives around 30 minutes long. I'm hoping to do maybe 2 dives Saturday morning and another dive on Sunday morning.

Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Jen

I'd love to join, but I've never been to Lobos so I'm in no way qualified to help you there. If another pair from the group have reservations as well, and wouldn't mind becoming a foursome then maybe. :)

i might be down. i went there last august.

Hi Jen,

I'll be at Lobos both days and you're welcome to join us when we do our recreational dives. Look for the big blue van with Welcome to Dr on it. You'll also be able to recognize us by and inordinately amount of excessive gear, scooters, cameras and all.

Doc, looks like you'll be diving with my husband, Chris. Look forward to meeting you and this famous big blue van everyone speaks of! Sounds like you might have even more gear than Chris. I'll be surprised if all my gear will fit in the car when we head up...

pluckydks, any chance you have tickets into the park those days?

Hepcat62, I'll let you know if I'm able to find at least another person. Perhaps we could dive a threesome...

Hi Jen, I'd love to dive with you at Lobos on Sat. I've been diving there a few times, so I feel comfortable navigating. Let me know if you still need a buddy.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the offer! I'd love to have someone who knows the area show me around. Do you happen to have reservations already? I don't have a spare one on me.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the offer! I'd love to have someone who knows the area show me around. Do you happen to have reservations already? I don't have a spare one on me.

No, I don't have a reservation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom