Looking at used gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

I am currently talking with someone about purchasing his old gear. All in all it would be a Scubapro BCD, 6mm wetsuit with boots, gloves and hood, weight belt, and fins. The equipment seems kind of old, but he is asking $260 for it. Do you think that is a good deal? Images are here: S

Thanks to this community!

Attachments

• bcd.jpg
    bcd.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 114
  • fins.jpg
    fins.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 96
  • wetsuit.jpg
    wetsuit.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 103
  • foot hood.jpg
    foot hood.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 92
The BCD and Air 2 are not "kind of old." They are very old and pretty much worthless. The Air 2 will cost about $50 to service. Now you are at $310.

Hell, you can buy a brand new BCD for $180.00, a 7 mil wetsuit for $100, and the same quality fins for about $40 at Lesiurepro. Total $320.

You can do MUCH better.

Last edited:
I believe you will also need to by the special scubapro inflator hose for the air2?

Looks at least 20 years old to me but that is just from looking at pics.
My initial thought was $20 but after reading some of the other replies I guess I could live with $50. Most of that value lies in the weight belt. (specifically the coated weights).

Personally, I would pass. The Air2 kind of kills the deal and lowers the value of the BCD to a negative number. The cost to service is more than the value. I did not see the LPI hose was included. Those sometimes stay with regulators but they actually belong to the BCD. The value of that other gear is going to have to make up for those expenses and I just don't see a lot of value there.

Offer $20 for the weight belt...assuming I am seeing 12# of lead but I can't tell 100% from the pic.

It looks like a load of garbage to me. But you all need to calm down over the air2. If it works I personally wouldn't bother servicing it. And if it doesn't you could change it for a generic inflator for hardly anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom