Looking at new BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK! You guys ready for a big laugh!
I forgot that i had some dive stuff in storage i had gotton at aution, in one of the boxs is a zeagle alloy back plate a 34#lb bladder and delux harness with sholder pads, Hmmmm Sounds like a good start, what can i add to this to make it better? and is the bladder big enuff? i dive a two pice 7 mil scuba pro wet suit, i'm 5' 11" at 185#lb

David

OK! You guys ready for a big laugh!
I forgot that i had some dive stuff in storage i had gotton at aution, in one of the boxs is a zeagle alloy back plate a 34#lb bladder and delux harness with sholder pads, Hmmmm Sounds like a good start, what can i add to this to make it better? and is the bladder big enuff? i dive a two pice 7 mil scuba pro wet suit, i'm 5' 11" at 185#lb
Too funny... sounds like a great rig, and that wing should definately be big enough. I don't think you need to add anything to it, other than the accessories you'd use anyhow. If you need additions, you'll know it.

Shortcomings of the Scout and Ranger? Do tell...
The scout has a more appropriately sized wing for single tank diving than the ranger, but the ranger has a more "robust" harness than the scout. The brigade has the better harness with the more appropriate wing. Neither of the "shortcomings" is a big deal, but the brigade gives you the best of each.
One thing more to consider is that if you normally keep gear in the pockets of a vest BCD, then you need a different solution if you go to a BP/W.
There's nothing stopping you from putting pockets on a BP/W if that's what you want.

Well i ended up with a Zeagle Escape, 34 # lift, Size med. with octo+ ,very nice BC for what i paid for it (E-bay ) i will still be trying out the back pack i have also.

David, I use to have a Zeagle Ranger and loved it. However after years of diving with it and wanting to switch to something that could handle doubles etc I went from a BC to a harness. I realized quickly that the pockets in the BC are really useless. You certainly cant see them to use them and there was little room in them anyway. The Zeagle did sit well and float well at the surface but was still bulky. In the long run after coming on SB and asking around I bought a Mach V Bladder. Actually I bought 2, a Mach V for single and another for doubles, which In have yet to use. The Mach V with a Dive Rite back plate was inexpensive and very lean. The Mach V is super streamline in the water with little to no drag at all and the harness is super adjustable and has lots of room to add D-rings etc on. personally, if I had to do it all over again I never would have gone with the BC and went right to a harness...It also will make it easier and cheaper when and if you ever decide to move to doubles!

JIM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom