Looking at a Dry-suit (DUI vs USIA)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About $185. Very low maintenance. You will need one as your dives become longer and if you go tech later on. Stay hydrated. You can get one installed later. No need to send back to the manufacturer if you have a competent LDS, But just get one.

Fyi - a pee valve requires the fitting of a condom catheter (sized smaller than you think or are willing to share information on the size you require) and adhesive, hence requiring shaving to avoid more uncomfortable removal. So I would wait until you feel you want to deal with the hassle and added maintenance.

I have a USIA that worked quite well although baggy as I purchased it in a hurry before a big trip. I would recommend custom sizing. I would get another but with a front waist zip - low stress positon and real self donning position. I like thier heavy duty boots and dump valves. I should tryit on again - I may fill it out much more than I used to...I found the fiber insulation suits like weezle did not work as well in this suit as perhaps a more crush resistant insulation layer.

I got to look at a USIA last weekend. Nice suit, I would prefer a tri-lam but it is still nice for a starter suit.

Sent from my DROID X2

I just tried it out yesterday. It was an interesting experience, the DM who was training me was a bit surprised about how well my buoyancy control was. I noticed it can be a little bit uncomfortable/tight when part of you are standing waist deep in water. Though understandably that should be true about all dry suits. The most annoying part was working with the 5mm gloves they loaned me. I found it hard to grip things and a lot more difficult to press the power inlfator. In all the suit was an amazing deal for the price.

Hi
Lot's of great info and commnets. I'd like to ask though, now that it's a year down the road, how do you like the USIA? My firend in CA strongly recommends DUI for the quality. I've always been a 'spend more now saves you later' guy. What's your experience on the quality?
Thanks and cheers
Shaun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom