Looking at 3mm suits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I'm buying my 1st 3mm suit in 20years. Wow technology on suits has changed, as it has on everything in diving.

I'm 5'11", weigh 230, 31" inseam, 38"waist and 48" chest.

I'm more of a 7-20 dive a year guy vs a 50 dive a year. With that in mind I looking at middle of the road suits.

So here's what I've looked at so far:
Pinnacle Eslast XLS, about $189-220
Henderson X-Span XL & XXL $149-189

The cut of the Henderson seems to fit a little better but the legs and arms are too long. It feels like it's cut a bit larger in the chest. Don't like the rubber knee pads. I believe they have this in a XLs but it'll have to be ordered to try one, they don't stock this size as a norm.

The Pin Eslast feels to be far superior in leg zippers, neck closure and it has real knee pads. BUT it just feels too tight. If I lost 10 lbs it'd be better, if I don't, then I may not wear it...... so
Don't think there's a XXLs ....

Any comments or suggestions....

I have x-span in 3 and 7mm (and 5/3 hooded vest) from Henderson and love them. I am 5'8" and 210 so XLs fits well for me.

They dive well and good price-point. If I need replacing I won't hesitate to go the same route.

Have you taken a look at the 2009 Henderson H2? I think I got mine around March of this year and have almost 80 dives on it. It still looks as good as the day I bought it. I think they retail for around $380 but IMHO it's money well spent.
Carrie

Have you taken a look at the 2009 Henderson H2? I think I got mine around March of this year and have almost 80 dives on it. It still looks as good as the day I bought it. I think they retail for around $380 but IMHO it's money well spent.
Carrie

I think H2 and x-span are about the same in terms of material one is just Henderson brand and the other is Neosport brand and has less bells and whistles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom