look what i found crawling around the coral rocks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You get a stiff upper lip, literally... read what Walter said. Add a bunch of screaming to that during the first 10 minutes after initial contact with the chaetae.

Fire worms stories are entertaining. The mustache one's my favorite.

she may have put the palm of her hand down... i am sure that isn't a threat... but i wouldn't move around with it

picture the fool running around grabbing his nose would be quite funny to see....

She swam up to me with it in her hand. I snatched it out and let it float to the bottom, neither of us were stung. It was a year or two later I was stung.

sea_dragon:
picture the fool running around grabbing his nose would be quite funny to see....

Yes, but not so funny if he went into cardiac arrest................

Walter:
She swam up to me with it in her hand. I snatched it out and let it float to the bottom, neither of us were stung. It was a year or two later I was stung.
ouch.... i see you speak the true pain..... i am so glad i didn't pick it up.... thats scary.... i was thinking of a catipilar... i know some of them are poisonous.... so i wanted to id it...before i would handle it...

Walter:
Yes, but not so funny if he went into cardiac arrest................
yeah i know... there is alway a consequence with a jackass movie stunt...... he best be happy he didn't die.... i always say... respect what you don't know cause ignorance can be deadly...

WOW!!!! good info walter, i never would have imagined a innocent looking thig like that could send you into cardiac arrest plus the burns and pain, that is one VERY NASTY CREATURE!!!!!!!!

jim ernst:
WOW!!!! good info Walter, i never would have imagined a innocent looking thig like that could send you into cardiac arrest plus the burns and pain, that is one VERY NASTY CREATURE!!!!!!!!
it is a creature that literally demands respect.... respect me or else.... it is a very touchy topic... when it come to molesting a bearded fire worm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom