Longer Nato Strap for D6 DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. Unfortunately on a closer look, that's not going to work for my dry suit.

How come? Just curious.

Also, it would be a bit of a pain as in order to charge the DC it would have to be removed from the mount.

If I had the files I would at least try to adapt it to fit the charger though.

NITROX-17 ~

Added: they used to have the 22mm straps...apparently not any more.

Added: Apparently Maratac is the manufacturer of the 17-inch bands, sold by several folks. This is a clip from the broadarrow.net site:
View attachment 580676

I liked the Nitrox 17 so much (I have one for my dive computer) that I bought an extra just to have on hand just in case.

I liked the Nitrox 17 so much (I have one for my dive computer) that I bought an extra just to have on hand just in case.
I was just about to pull the trigger, but $25 apiece!?

I was just about to pull the trigger, but $25 apiece!?

It’s nice to have plenty of material to grip/work with so that you don’t have to worry about dropping your watch or dive computer.

I cut mine down to ~13”. At one point, there was a strap in that length, but when I went to buy...it was ~11” (too short for what I wanted it for) and 17”.

Edit: Two years and 50 dives later...still on the first strap. It’s a bit sun bleached, but otherwise in great shape.

I like Nato straps and I use them on several of my watches. I did buy a longer one that will fit with my dry suit, but it's not a great solution for me. It's a bit too hard to put on the suit unless you do it before you suit up, I often have glove liners on, etc. Then the strap is too long after you take it off the suit.

I have Shearwater Petrel's which come with a great strap that will fit on a Teric, or your DC6 computer. These straps are great for using with a Drysuit, and I've told by folks at Shearwater that it's what they often use. It's an elastic band, about 20mm with easy to attach clips. Picture below.

You can buy the straps separate at DGX. Shearwater Elastic Strap Kit

IMG_20200523_115437_2_Medium_.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom