Longer Nato Strap for D6 DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, I wouldn’t over think it. Just get some bungees you will be fine.

I liked that the elastic strap is more comfortable than bungee cord when wearing without a wetsuit or drysuit.
It doesn't cut into the skin.

@rob.mwpropane Why did you title the thread NATO Strap if you didn't want to know about NATO straps?

@rob.mwpropane Why did you title the thread NATO Strap if you didn't want to know about NATO straps?

That's what I was thinking of when I posted the thread, not so much a mistake as I'm interested in all possibilities. I'm not opposed to the longer nato strap, but I do like the ease of putting on my older bungee strap DC.

Edit: Just trying to learn what other people have done really.

Thanks! I see that https://www.strapworks.com/3_4_Solid_Color_Elastic_p/sce34.htm has orange, so I'll give that a shot. @Andrew Dawson, I'll let you know when I get some and you can drive by and I'll throw some into your passenger side window.

Buy extra ! You will soon be finding other uses for the elastic straps. Wrist compass straps, elastic tank strap hose retainers etc.

I also replace my mask straps using the same idea.

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

I would love to give this 3D printed model a shot, but the files aren't available, and I'm too cheap to buy for $25 when I have a printer.

Tbh, I'll probable just get the 17" long nato strap and call it a day. I would have to change the straps out for warm / cold water diving, but they're pretty simple. The longer strap would let me put it on the drysuit before my dry gloves which wouldn't be so bad, heck I could almost leave it on the suit, it couldn't fall past the ring anyway, and the battery lasts forever.

s-l1600.jpg

If I only dove warm or cold, I would probably do something bungee...

I would love to give this 3D printed model a shot, but the files aren't available, and I'm too cheap to buy for $25 when I have a printer.

Tbh, I'll probable just get the 17" long nato strap and call it a day. I would have to change the straps out for warm / cold water diving, but they're pretty simple. The longer strap would let me put it on the drysuit before my dry gloves which wouldn't be so bad, heck I could almost leave it on the suit, it couldn't fall past the ring anyway, and the battery lasts forever.

View attachment 580709

If I only dove warm or cold, I would probably do something bungee...
Link?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom