[Long] Key Largo Trip Report 8/11-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterwilly once bubbled...
thanks, dandydon.

I'll take the 2 mil full and 2mil long. I dove in minnesota saturday, but when i set mask and regs on truck bed;cover the wafer-thin ice cracked. Dry suit prices are looking better.

What's the difference between "2 mil full and 2 mil long"?

Water and air both should be okay in Feb in The Keys, unless a norther blows in. Then you'll probably be looking at water in the 70s F somewhere, and air - who knows? :huh: I'd wear a 1 mil long, a 3 mil long, and a beanie, but light gloves for wreck diving. I'd have heavy gloves and a 3 mil long to layer on top of everything else, in case I got chilled. That current can get cool below the thermocline.

You, however, will deal with it much better than I would. Just don't wear a shorty alone in a hard current on a wreck. "Wreck Rash."

Have fun, don

sorry, can't think and type at the same time.
2 mil full and 2 mil shorty. Shorty fits on top for long dives.
Thanks for the tips on the gloves. Exposure suit here is for cold.
The only "wrecks" here are an occasional 15' fiberglass boat or an old steel pontoon.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom