Long Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a recent convert to the BP/w and figured while I get acquainted and comfortable with the new gear I could also try different things with it. This way I have a better idea of how things should move around and have a broader experience with what the rig entails.

I will be seeking training but I want to be more comfortable with the gear first

There's lots and lots of other issues before single file gas sharing issues are even remotely on the radar screen.

1. Kicks
  2. Buoyancy
  3. Awareness
would be top 3. Just based on your questions so far.

There's lots and lots of other issues before single file gas sharing issues are even remotely on the radar screen.

1. Kicks
  2. Buoyancy
  3. Awareness
would be top 3. Just based on your questions so far.

The first two are already on my continue-practicing list. When you refer to awareness, what does that mean? Being aware of depth, environment, gas? Or something else?

Thanks

The first two are already on my continue-practicing list. When you refer to awareness, what does that mean? Being aware of depth, environment, gas? Or something else?

Thanks

Awareness of everything. Depth, position, team mates, environment, how the water is moving, terrain, heading, are you stressed, is your buddy stressed, etc.

Hi befee,

There are a bunch of us in the area who would be happy to dive with you if you're interested. Most of this stuff really does make more sense in-water. Send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Best,
Ari

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom