Long hose/standard fitting on a Atomic Z3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That the right nut. Put that over the spindle (inlet tube) on the regulator and it takes up the extra threads of the Swivel connection. Now you can attach a standard hose or an angled connector.

Before doing that, one needs to remove the o-ring on inlet tube that is next to the housing. That o-ring provides the seal between inlet tube and the comfort swivel hose. Not removing it will not cause any issues other compressing it for no good reason and not having it if the comfort swivel hose is put on another reg and it leaking.

It kind of looks like the nut is too small and/or the stub is too short.

Oh, I think I see the problem. Looks like you unscrewed the swivel itself instead of just taking it off.

Remove the black trim ring on the 2nd stage. You should see some wrench flats for you to remove another fitting.

Oh, I think I see the problem. Looks like you unscrewed the swivel itself instead of just taking it off.

Remove the black trim ring on the 2nd stage. You should see some wrench flats for you to remove another fitting.

Ding ding ding! This worked. Thanks @guruboy

I’m afraid I did not quiet grasp some things posted in this thread (maybe I’m being dim) - so was the long hose attached with the swivel feature or without? Or did you have to forsake it? I’m looking at the atomic z2 as a reg to buy and hence I was looking up on this topic.

Thanks

I’m afraid I did not quiet grasp some things posted in this thread (maybe I’m being dim) - so was the long hose attached with the swivel feature or without? Or did you have to forsake it? I’m looking at the atomic z2 as a reg to buy and hence I was looking up on this topic.

Thanks

Atomic regulators that come with the Atomic swivel at the second stage do not need a jam nut. If you migrate to a non-swivel hose, you will need a jam nut. The non-swivel hose fitting is not long enough to capture all of the threads of the air barrel's female section, onto which the hose attaches.

Look at the Atomic M1 second stage. You'll see a chrome plated brass jam nut with the M1 logo. Atomic makes that specific for the M1 (purely looks) and a less expense plastic/brass model that looks like a generic hex nut. Not sure you can find a suitable one at your local hardware store. You need to know the exact thread pitch, height, internal diameter, etc. You can buy one from your local AA dealer if you need one.

If you buy an Atomic second stage with a non-swivel hose, it will come with the jam nut. Install any non-swivel of hose of your desired length.

O.

I’m looking at the atomic z2 as a reg to buy
The Z2 does not have a swivel hose, so no issues with switching to a long hose. (The swivel and faceplate are the only differences between Z2 & Z3.)

The Z2 does not have a swivel hose, so no issues with switching to a long hose. (The swivel and faceplate are the only differences between Z2 & Z3.)
I heard that on a video review too but when I browse the Atomic website on the Z2/Z3 there is no mention of this except that the Z2 comes in a gray color only… deceptive marketing?

Thanks for the heads up!

One can commonly get the Z2 with yellow or blue accents online for the normal price. (Search around.) If that doesn't quite do it for you, I believe they sell a face plate with many color options that costs about $50, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom