long hose-snap bolt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:06: I have a dumb question so play nice with the new kid here.

How long is a long hose? :blush: And why would you use it for recreational diving? What are the benefits?

The only dumb question is the one not asked...

A long hose is either 5´ or 7´...my preference is for 7´...

The comfort factor has been mentioned earlier (when breathing off it yourself) as well as the ease and comfort of airsharing (for both divers). Most important though, IMO, is the fact that you´re sure that the reg you´re donating is functional. That also helps motivate you to keep your secondary/octo nice, clean and functional as well since YOU will be the one breathing from it in an emergency...

Nice post, I couldn't post without putting something in that would have gotten me in trouble.
Happy Thanksgiving
Down4fun-Welcome to the board

grazie42:
The comfort factor has been mentioned earlier (when breathing off it yourself) as well as the ease and comfort of airsharing (for both divers). Most important though, IMO, is the fact that you´re sure that the reg you´re donating is functional. That also helps motivate you to keep your secondary/octo nice, clean and functional as well since YOU will be the one breathing from it in an emergency...

Life is a funny thing. For the first time in my brief dive history I had to buddy breath today off my buddies octo. A guy on the boat set up on my tank for the 2nd dive. So being the easy going person I try to be, I dove on one of the boats tanks rather than make the guy switch. My buddy and I had just entered he water and reached the top of the 40' reef when I blew an o-ring. My buddy shut off my air, i took his octo and we ascended. Luckily there was an extra o-ring on the dust cap and he was able to switch it out at the surface and save the dive. I had only lost 200lbs. Anyways, point being I can now understand where a longer hose would be more convient when having to buddy breath :wink:

[HIJACK] If your buddy "switched the o-ring at the surface" there is a possibility that salt water was thereafter blown through your regulator first stage when you pressurized it. Depending on how long it will be until your reg should be serviced, you may want to take it in and have that checked. Just a thought...[/HIJACK]

And a very appropriate hijack it was Doc! I thought the same thing when I read her post.
As for the snap-bolt, I did as jonnythan suggested. Attached it to the hose itself. Seems to be a better choice for an OOA/OOG situation as my hand fits perfectly between the snap and the reg body instead of try to grasp around the snap.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom