Long hose for a single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go with the 7' hose if you're hot for it. I find it to be a pain to deal with most of the time. For decades, I dove with the standard 40" octo and pulled maybe 200 people out of OOA and every kind of bonehead dive error you can think of situations. When I shared air, I clamped onto you real good and no one ever got past arm's length from me. You were mine until we surfaced. Act up and you got shaken back into reality.
So i'm retired from all that stuff now - I just dive for fun.
Go with the 7' hose. Since you're asking here, your life won't be complete until you deploy it. And, it might just be the ticket to dive happiness for you.

I tried a knife and also shears but found most hose wouldnt stay under them. Not great under a pocket either. The only way ive found to keep the 7ft hose neat is by tucking into the waist strap. It does come out from time to time even then but is easy to restow.
I have found that either SeaSnips (shears) or a hardback Halcyon pocket, positioned on my waist strap on the right side, aft of the hip D-ring (closer to the BP than to that D-ring), work fine in securing a 7ft hose. That's just my experience, so take it for what it's worth, but it does work. A 5ft hose, as Thal mentioned, will also work quite well.

IVe tried sea snips and they arent long enough to hold the hose. A lot may depend on how tall you are - a bigger person body wise means less of a loop.

Also with them as far back as that i would really struggle to reach them on a dive if needed.

Not a big issue - i tuck it in the webbing anyway.

7' works fine. Just tuck under waist strap. Just be careful and clear any kinks or twists in the hose when you get kitted up.

I really hope you are nothing but a poor troll because if you seriously believe the complete crap you have posted you're beyond help.

Do tell me what danger holding breath will have at a constant depth? Im intrigued.

Complete bollocks. Nothing else to say about that

Again, complete and utter crap.

My dear chap when you are someday floating along in the North Sea or the Channel you will surely think of me and repent. This would be called death bed repentence.

My dear chap when you are someday floating along in the North Sea or the Channel you will surely think of me and repent. This would be called death bed repentence.

I must say that just in the past couple of days of seeing your posts, some of the things you say are incredibly bizarre and often blatantly incorrect. That's just a quick offtopic observation, though. Feel free to ignore :)

Given i do that for fun every weekend im inclined to call you a complete imbecile.

If its over a 30cm chop a pointless plastic tube isnt going to help you. I'll use back gas or i'll simply fill up my wing and suit and float quite happily. Im not overweighted and not low in the water.

I fail to see the point of taking an item that has no use below a depth of 20cm and no use in a sea state above 20cm on the surface anywhere at all.

i usually just take my 7ft hose and tuck some if it in where a canister light would be and then route the rest normally.

Yes, that's what I do when I dive in the tropics and don't have my canister light with me. Also keeps the hose from coming out from around my neck when I barrel roll entry.

Most divers also attach a small bolt snap to the end of the hose where it connects to the 2nd stage reg. Then you can attach the bolt snap to your necklace-bungee.

I've just gotta know.... Why the HELL would anyone do that?

I've just gotta know.... Why the HELL would anyone do that?
coke.gif

Gawd, I love this thread!!!

7' all the time, both in doubles, when in drysuit with can light and in a single with wetsuit. I just tuck the additional under the the webbing at my waist on the right side. Doesn't move, shift or come out unless I pull it out.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom