Long Fill Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tekdvr2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I help out at a non for profit, that teaches at risk kids to dive. Any way, they just picked up and old panel van to haul around the gear. The local FD has been gracious enough to let us fill tanks there. What I would like to do is get a long HP extension hose,
to get from the fill station to the van outside. I'm looking at 100' max. I've got the fitting. Can I use 5000psi hydraulic hose? I can clean it or have it custom dry swaged.

Looking at straight air. No O2!!!!

Any thoughts?

regards,

tb

tb
i have been researching and building my own filling station and had considered rubber hyd hose for part of my project, but all imformation i found says its not recomended for breathing air- i would suggest braided hp stainless or brass hose instead
john

I help out at a non for profit, that teaches at risk kids to dive. Any way, they just picked up and old panel van to haul around the gear. The local FD has been gracious enough to let us fill tanks there. What I would like to do is get a long HP extension hose,
to get from the fill station to the van outside. I'm looking at 100' max. I've got the fitting. Can I use 5000psi hydraulic hose? I can clean it or have it custom dry swaged.

Looking at straight air. No O2!!!!

Any thoughts?

regards,

tb

I would not recommend hydraulic hose for the following reasons, Hyd. hose can have a lower safety factor maybe 2:1, you need 4:1 minimum. If you have a 100 ft. hose rupture at 3000-psi you can have one heck of a snake whipping around there.
If that hose has been used for hydraulics then it will be permenitly contaminated.
I use Parker 520N (5000-psi) and BA526 (6000-psi) hose. Use dash 3 or 3/16 size hose if you can get it, it will coil up easier then the 1/4 inch hose and have the ends swaged or crimped on rather then trying to use the re-usable fittings, they just wont work with this hose. good luck.

ZDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom