Oxygen cleaning thermoplastic breathing air hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alanchang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys
I'm just wondering if I can O2 clean these thermoplastic hoses that you commonly see on fill stations and use them for blending applications. These are rated for nitrox below 40% from the manufacturer, but if I O2 clean them, can I use them for O2? The inner core of my hose is made by Polyamide PA12.

50-BA050-3E_01.JPG

Stick the ends in an ultrasonic with simple green for about 30 mins, run hot water through the hose for a couple of minutes, blow out with compressed air and you'll be good to go.

Stick the ends in an ultrasonic with simple green for about 30 mins, run hot water through the hose for a couple of minutes, blow out with compressed air and you'll be good to go.
Yes, I know how to clean it. I'm not sure if I can clean it or not. Is this material O2 comptable? Or should I purchase those O2-designed hoses?

Yes, I know how to clean it. I'm not sure if I can clean it or not. Is this material O2 comptable? Or should I purchase those O2-designed hoses?
"Thermoplastic" could be almost anything. The most common is a nylon core though... which is less O2 tolerant than PFTE but not radically so. In fact, scuba valve seats are nylon and far more likely to combust than hoses.

"Thermoplastic" could be almost anything. The most common is a nylon core though... which is less O2 tolerant than PFTE but not radically so. In fact, scuba valve seats are nylon and far more likely to combust than hoses.
The inner core of my hose is made of Polyamide PA12.

The inner core of my hose is made of Polyamide PA12.
Which is a type of nylon... Kinda like I said.

Don't know what I use no needle valves but it's clean and I crack valves and things slowly

And then when I pump the oxygen bits get hot and the drive gas end gets a bit frozen up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom