Long Bite Mouthpieces?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not trying to be a smart arse here, but most of the time when this complaint is raised, it was caused by forming the mouthpiece upside down.

All good, that's the first thing I checked. It only does it on one side so I suspect the set up I'm using is pulling on one side.

I keep a Sea Cure on my long hose primary, recently I took a cavern class and switched out the mouth pieces so my instructor did not have to use my sea cure during our many...many..many air shares. I really missed my sea cure at the end of the week of diving. For me it makes a huge difference in the comfort of the mouth after many hours in the water and it stays in without any effort. I trimmed a little off the length on mine!

The true benefit of a longbite is you don't have to bite down. The shape and length of the mouthpiece makes it easier to hold the reg in your mouth using a bit of pursed lips and very little teeth clenching. I can hold a Scuba Pro 109 in my mouth without clenching. That's a heavy all-metal first stage btw. Even with the added weight of an angle adapter, I needed very little teeth clenching.

I would purchase a generic $4 longbite mouthpiece made by Trident and see how you like it. If you still need to bite down then perhaps a Sea Cure would benefit you.

The true benefit of a longbite is you don't have to bite down. The shape and length of the mouthpiece makes it easier to hold the reg in your mouth using a bit of pursed lips and very little teeth clenching. I can hold a Scuba Pro 109 in my mouth without clenching. That's a heavy all-metal first stage btw. Even with the added weight of an angle adapter, I needed very little teeth clenching.

I would purchase a generic $4 longbite mouthpiece made by Trident and see how you like it. If you still need to bite down then perhaps a Sea Cure would benefit you.

Or if you have teeth missing. I have two back teeth missing and non long bites mouthpieces such as comfobites tend to rotate thorough the gap forcing me to bite down.

Back
Top Bottom