Logo Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pmarc68:
Ken,

I like the way you think. I have started a recruitment campaign, and have a few people interested. Hopefully, I can bring some with me.

Pam

That would be great. While we are on the subject, I added our next meeting to the calender here on scubaboard. I don't know if anyone actually looks at it but it is there just in case.

Also, we should start to think of ideas of where we might want to hold our first few club dives. It would be great if at the April meeting we could set up a dive for the begining of June. If people are interested we could charter the Favors out to the Wreck of the Tonawanda or something else sort of easy. Or perhaps a shore dive somewhere, I'm only a year into this so I don't know all the neat spots to go. Just something to think about

Ken

nauidiver2004:
..................[snip]..............
Also, we should start to think of ideas of where we might want to hold our first few club dives. It would be great if at the April meeting we could set up a dive for the begining of June. If people are interested we could charter the Favors out to the Wreck of the Tonawanda or something else sort of easy. Or perhaps a shore dive somewhere, I'm only a year into this so I don't know all the neat spots to go. Just something to think about

Ken

Sounds good to me!!
I'm sure that before June there will be some dives at Deep Run Park.
Derek will probably be in there as soon as the ice is gone. :)

Rick

i was contemplating what a deep run dive would be like at this time of year also.
it would be a long walk on questionnable ice to open water.

no thanks, but as soon as it opens up lets go!

btw, i finished my tek deep diver course in cayman!

ill write up a short report
dt

nauidiver2004:
That would be great. While we are on the subject, I added our next meeting to the calender here on scubaboard. I don't know if anyone actually looks at it but it is there just in case.

Ken

I am a beginner also, so starting out easy sounds good to me. I was thinking about taking the AOW course that Discover Diving is offering on June 11th. Anyone else interested?

One good thing about our newly formed club, is that we have divers of every level. The beginners won't feel left out, and we can learn from the more advanced.

pmarc68:
I am a beginner also, so starting out easy sounds good to me. I was thinking about taking the AOW course that Discover Diving is offering on June 11th. Anyone else interested?

One good thing about our newly formed club, is that we have divers of every level. The beginners won't feel left out, and we can learn from the more advanced.

I'm thinking about AOW myself @ DD, I'm am going to take Nitrox this summer for sure though.

Lil' Irish Temper:
I'm thinking about AOW myself @ DD, I'm am going to take Nitrox this summer for sure though.

It would be nice if there were a few of us to take it together. I'd like to take Nitrox also, but wasn't sure if I was ready for that yet.

pmarc68:
It would be nice if there were a few of us to take it together. I'd like to take Nitrox also, but wasn't sure if I was ready for that yet.

You're ready!!
Nitrox can be taught with the Scuba Diver Course. You're already certified, you're ready for Nitrox.

My family and I always go to Dutch Springs for the 4rth of July weekend. Last year we had 2 divers do their advanced course that weekend. nauidiver2004 did 4 of his advanced course dives there. We usually have a lot of fun too!!

We're planning on doing it again this year.

Just another option.

dtdiver:
......[snip]...........

btw, i finished my tek deep diver course in cayman!

ill write up a short report
dt

Looking forward to your report!!
We have some cool tec trips planned with DD this year if you're interested.

I think I'll take an Open Water course this summer and get that thing... a sea card???

pmarc68:

Like Rick said, I did the majority of my Advanced at Dutch with him. Had a blast! I am not sure if I will be able to go this year as I have to work but if I can get off I will. I liked Rick as an instructor also, after each dive we would discuss what I did right and what I could do on the next dive a little better. The surface Intervals were hilarious too. If I had it to do over again I would take the class with him.

By the way, you dont have to do the entire class at one time. You can take the whole summer to complete it, a couple of dives at a time. They are really good about not pushing you just to "get it done", they really want you to enjoy it and learn from it too.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom