Logical Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cutty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been diving a Bare 3mm wetsuit the last couple of times in Cozumel... I start to chill at the end of the 2nd daily dive. It is normal as the week wears on to chill more readily. I wear a beannie on the 2nd dive now with improved results. I guess I could kick into the current every once in a while as drift diving is so easy, you hardly expend energy! I have researched the Lavacore products here on SB and am not convinced that getting a top to wear under my existing 3mm would be as good as getting a new 5mm waterproof or pinnacle.
Searching and reading the forums I understand everyone's thermal requirements are different up to a point, but if someone would let me in on their experience once and for all, if a new 5mm wetsuit is the way to go instead of a layered aproach.
Graham

I like the idea of layers. If you can fit a bibbed hood or even a hooded vest under [or over...preferences vary] your Bare 3-mil, you'll save a bunch of money and have a more versatile 'wardrobe'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom