Log Program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used many different programs over the past 23 years, Subsurface is the best I think and it is free.

I have a friend with an android phone that recommended divemate, he can plug his Cobalt 2 directly on to his phone and downlog files. When I went on the divemate site, it seems to me that I need an additional $75 piece of hardware, their Fusion dongle, to let me download files on to my iphone or ipad. Is this true? I was also looking at the Divinglog program, for the iphone, but can't tell if it is possible to download from the Cobalt 2 to the divinglog program directly. Any ideas? Any programs which will let me load from the Cobalt 2 directly to the iphone or ipad? Additionally, my desktop computer is a Windows, so it would be nice if whatever program I pick has an ios version and a compatible Windows version that can talk to each other, preferably be able to synchronize updates to logs from one to another

Last edited:
I have a friend with an android phone that recommended divemate, he can plug his Cobalt 2 directly on to his phone and downlog files. When I went on the divemate site, it seems to me that I need an additional $75 piece of hardware, their Fusion dongle, to let me download files on to my iphone or ipad. Is this true? I was also looking at the Divinglog program, for the iphone, but can't tell if it is possible to download from the Cobalt 2 to the divinglog program directly. Any ideas? Any programs which will let me load from the Cobalt 2 directly to the iphone or ipad? Additionally, my desktop computer is a Windows, so it would be nice if whatever program I pick has an ios version and a compatible Windows version that can talk to each other, preferably be able to synchronize updates to logs from one to another

I would suggest contacting DiveMate directly for information, however it is likely that you will need both the USB dongle, plus Apple's "Lightning to USB connector" in order to download your Cobalt 2 into their iOS App - that is how they "get around" or "handle" restrictions made by Apple on what/how you can connect to any iOS device. And there may also be an "In App Purchase" required, I'm not sure.

As far as DiveLog for iOS is concerned, no you can not download your Cobalt 2 directly. Those same restrictions by Apple of connecting random USB devices to an iOS device get in the way. Our "software solution" (heavy quotes) is to make it easy to log your dives on your iOS device, sync your logbook to a Desktop machine later on, and then download your dive computer on your Desktop and merge in that information into what you have already logged. We work with the developer of Diving Log 6.0 for Windows to provide WiFi synchronization between the two applications.

More details are of course available on either of our websites.

Janice

Thank you Janice. Do you know if Divemate files can be imported into Divinglog 6.0?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom