Log Book Pages in Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have some ideas, for the Access Wizards out there. How about linking the Diver cell to the personal info and the buddy cell to the Buddy list, so that is filled in. And pull down menues linked to the gear page for point and click data entry. How about building a page for dive sites and locations. A good place to enter all the pertinent data and even upload pics.

When it's all done, upload the Database to your PalmPilot for logging as soon as you get ashore (unless you have a good floating waterproof case for your palmpilot). The pull downs and auto entry are much easier than writing grafitti or typing on that tiny keyboard.

Great effort, I really like it.

Ok... I know almost as little about computers as I do diving....yikes....

Is this something you are willing to share? All I have is my silly Padi log book and although I've looked around a bit, I haven't seen much I've liked. And with my tons of diving!!! (ummm... lets see... 2 check outs and 2 more... that makes it FOUR!) I don't want to invest tons of money on a computer program thingy. So.. I guess, my question is.. can I download this and use it for myself?

I'm going to go with your clearly affirmative answer (just kidding, if you say not, that' fine too!)...

Can you give me some hints about printing it out? It seems like it cuts it off.... and what about like the buddy list etc. Are those integral to the dive listings or something different that would be printed out seperately?

I actually spend alot of time on the puter, but have NEVER used access or any database file like that, so I'm clueless.

Anyhoooo, it looks like you guys are doing amazing stuff!!! Thanks so much!

Feel free to use/modify this program!!! I am by no means an access wizard but I think I can link the tables. I do not have a printer @ the house right now that is why I have not done anything there. I just started playing after reading this thread and here is what we have so far...Hopefully someone with more experience with access has some free time to tinker with this.

Hey folks,

Since my dive for tomorrow was cancelled due to high seas, I have been working on the Access program tonight and more tomorrow. I have added a few things, worked on making the Dive Site, buddy list, dive shop and some other fields pull down list, so you just select from it. Still having some trouble with having the program calc the Total time and air usage. If anyone has a hint, e-mail me at mcmag2100@hotmail.com or post here. Update tomorrow afternoon with a beta version you can play with for a week while I am on leave.

Sounds good!! That is why I started this, so everyone could add/change whatever they wanted. Looking forward to seeing the additions. I have someone looking into the calculations but they are rather busy and may be awhile.... Also there is the possiblity to have this offered over the web. Maybe part of Scubaboard?? I would not charge for what I have done and I let it be known this was free to run with, so it could happen. Maybe you could keep a log private or make it public..... That would be cool, no?

:10: :10: :10: :10:

Ok Folks, I got some changes done, but now the dang zip file is to big to post. Any suggestions? It clocks in at 434 MB and the max is 400.

Can any of the files (tables and such) be exported and zipped and then added in once the file is opened on the other end?

Please advise ASAP so I can get this out for eveyone to play with and chop up before I head out tomorrow.

Happy Diving,
mcmag21

I did!!! Still that big. Was 218 when I downloaded it. Added some more tables and stuff that doubled the size. Guess I got carried away.

hmm...........zipped larger files and had no prob... try emailing it to me....check your email account.

Here it is folks......The new and improved version. I think I got everything working, except the calculations for bottom time (and currently it is based off of clock time, and who really check his watch?) and air consumption. If anyone can fix this, please do. I have not set up any printable forms, or checked to see what these look like when printed. Maybe later.

Note on the Sites form it has a place for LAT and LON for GPS reading, entered in deg/min/sec. The equipment form has a date field for inspections. Would like to add a reminder field when the inspection expires. I have to figure out the date calculation issues first. Everything else is self explanatory.

Try it out and let me know any improvements to make, or just make them yourself and post the new version. This is shareware at it's best, we can all share in the development and use of it.

Have fun and Happy Logging!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom