Locks of Love

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"hmmmm...they don't have a salon on Hawaii....do it myself then?"

It doesn't have to be a special salon-just ask them if they'll send it in for you. I, my brother, and several nieces and nephews have donated to them.

justleesa:
I knew I liked you and your family :D... Maybe you can go with me after you move here :wink:
:blinking: Why, thank you! I'd be happy to go with you--except mine will have to be really long, or else I'll have to talk Tuna into me having short hair!

99 days till retirement!:luxhello:

hnladue:
At both sites you can print the form to fill out and send in the hair yourself. Get a big padded envelope.
This is how I sent mine in.

Leesa, a friend of mine did it a couple years ago. I went with her to the hair dresser when they lopped it off. Her hair was all one length so no layers. She had it in a ponytail and put it in a ziplock baggie to mail in herself.

I've thought about donating mine in another year if I can deal with it getting longer. At the same time I'm going to try and persuade my 6 yr old daughter to do the same. Her hair is long enough now and all one length. I thought it would teach a good lesson. Problem will be getting her to cut it but only if she wants to. :D

Thanks Mrs. Prages :D

I see I have lots to go, my top hair might be about 12" , the bottom is no where near it...might need another year or so then. 2 1/2 years and just to my shoulder....is that slow or what?

You'll be here by then and will have had a couple of grill parties pedge :wink:

Little girls and their hair....I remember that....very much a peice of work :D

If I remember right Suthrnbelle, you're hair is curly? I think they go by the length straighted out - does that bring you any closer?

justleesa:
If I remember right Suthrnbelle, you're hair is curly? I think they go by the length straighted out - does that bring you any closer?

If they go by the hair being straight then I'm probably within three inches. You start measuring from the point where you make a ponytail with a band.

My hair is naturally wavy (happened after I had kids, isn't that weird?) but I've been straightening it out lately which makes it much longer. :D I also had bangs cut recently and even having the hairdresser do that almost made me cry.

I know what you mean Belle. Everytime I get my haircut it is like a traumatic experience.

a little off topic, but I used to peirce earings and lots of women could either suddenly be able to wear earings or no longer wear earings after having their children. Some even changed so much that they couldn't wear rings or necklaces, magically developing allergies to the metal (mostly silver due to it's nickle content). Interesting what happens to your body after having kids.

Straightend my hair today (didn't think it would make that much of a difference).....couldn't believe that it is over 13"!!! I'll get to cut it soon! Woohoo!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom