Locks of Love

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've donated my hair twice... I grow it out till it's long enough to donate and by that point I'm usually so frustrated and sick of it I cut it really short just to get rid of the mess. (It's so heavy when it's long it gives me headaches). Then I start the process all over again. I recently was given layers though, so it's probably going to be another year before I can donate again even though my hair is long.

There is also another org. you can donate to called Wigs for Kids. I can't remember which, but one asks for 10 inches of hair and the other asks for 12 inches. I actually donated to both... the first time was with Locks of Love, the second with Wigs for Kids

justleesa:
I can't even picture you with long hair!
I'll ask my mom for a photo of me in high school. If we can find it, I'll PM it to you (no WAY am I going to share with the general population on SB). It'll give you giggles for months to come.

Locks of Love is 10"...my GF just donated last month.

I've done Locks of love before. As it grew longer and heavier, i had to just keep reminding myself that it was for a good cause. The stylest that cut it off for me even did it for free, since I was donating.

Jcsgt:
I'll ask my mom for a photo of me in high school. If we can find it, I'll PM it to you (no WAY am I going to share with the general population on SB). It'll give you giggles for months to come.

Looking forward to that :D

Right now my hair is one length, just past my shoulders....If I pull it together as a ponytail it would be layered, wouldn't it? Top hair would be longer right?

I just donated 14" to wigs for kids. My hairdresser said NOT to use locks for love because they are misleading. They don't make wigs for cancer kids. Web site says they do, but he said they don't. try www.wigsforkids.org

The ponytail must be 12 inches measured from the shortest layer

At both sites you can print the form to fill out and send in the hair yourself. Get a big padded envelope.

Back
Top Bottom