Locks of Love

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well after over 2 years I was finally getting ready to cut my hair, which I had let grow for our wedding, when I saw someone I hadn't seen in a while - she had cut off her long hair. When I commented she said she donated it to Locks of Love.

Now my hair doesn't grow fast, so I don't have the 10" minimum yet, but I was wondering. Has anyone else donated? What was your experience?

I've wanted to do this, but I'm usual not able to let my hair get long enough. It'll get within an inch or two of the length needed with my hair being *too* short after the cut, and the split ends will be driving me nuts and I get it trimmed.

The main thing is to make sure that is bundled in a pony tail or braid. The one time I was going to send my hair in, I hadn't read the requirements and the hair has loose, so they couldn't use it. Also keep in mind, that if you have any layers in your hair, the shortest layer has to have ten inches for it all to be usable.

Then I have some more growning to do :D
Thanks for the heads up :wink:

leesa.....i am down to my shoulders right now. My crop is doing fine.

and NO....I am not an old hippie.

Bah !!!! Humbug !!!! (As jealousy rears its ugly head)

That's a wonderful thing to do.

Geezzzz, Leeeeezzzzz !! I didn't realize that it's been two years!

:D the K-rome Dome

RICHinNC:
leesa.....i am down to my shoulders right now. My crop is doing fine.

how much more do you have to go?

and NO....I am not an old hippie.

Running away to an island paradise for a month....are you sure you're not a hippie? :D

Geezzzz, Leeeeezzzzz !! I didn't realize that it's been two years!

Yup, it'll be 2 in March and I started letting it grow the September before that :wink:
(We were planning to go to Maui for our Anniversary, but now I have to stay at the home for 3 weeks straight...Guess Maui will have to wait)

I have donated my hair a couple times (my hair grows quickly) and it is a great feeling... I haven't done it in awhile though... to much grey showing up in my hair now days... :11:

Good Luck with letting yours grow long enough....

I donated mine once. I put it in a ponytail and let the hubbie lop it off. I marked the anonymous section of it, so I didn't get any real feedback, but I figure I've known enough people with cancer that it had to be a good thing. I hope it did someone good.

I donated mine the year I found out my dad had prostate cancer.

I would definitely do it again.

Good for you for considering donating your hair to such a worthy cause. I'll never likely grow my hair long enough to participate, but greatly admire those who do.

Kudos, folks!

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Gives me the umph I need to keep this mop :wink:

Jcsgt:
I'll never likely grow my hair long enough to participate

I can't even picture you with long hair!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom