Locked your keys in the car-have a cell phone no problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you lock your keys in the car, and have a cell phone. Call home and have someone click your spare remote into the phone, hold your cell phone about a foot from the car door, it will unlock. This works I did it.

cdiver2:
This works I did it.
Is that right :06: credibility man, credibility... :D

No way, the remote is RF and you are sending the signal down a limited bandwith audio path. I want to see this first.

Yeah it works. I call home have my wife get the spare keyless remote, I place my cell phone near the car .... take a picture, set the picture to my wife's phone, she then drives over with spare and .... voi la ... problem solved.:D

ShakaZulu:
No way, the remote is RF and you are sending the signal down a limited bandwith path. I want to see this first.

I have passed this on to my neighbours and they ALL did it. I also put this on the Yorkshiredivers board and was told you can also put this into a palm that has IR. Don't ask me I'm as stupid as the next man....forgeten how many times I have locked my keys in the car.

From the yorshiredivers board

I used my remote for my Cherokee to record the signal on my PDA. I was able to open the doors with the Palm's IR port. You could also copy anyone else's who had left their keys around (and it was an infra red remote). You could seriously wind people up. My ex could never understand why things would disappear and reappear at random in her car. It was great.

Ummm get out cell phone, call AAA, they come unlock your door, works just fine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom