Locked your keys in the car-have a cell phone no problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds:
Ummm get out cell phone, call AAA, they come unlock your door, works just fine

stand there an hour+ freezing your **** off when the one phone call could have you in before you hang up :06:

cdiver2:
Would I lie to you

Hmmmmmmmmm.

cdiver2:
From the yorshiredivers board

I used my remote for my Cherokee to record the signal on my PDA. I was able to open the doors with the Palm's IR port. You could also copy anyone else's who had left their keys around (and it was an infra red remote). You could seriously wind people up. My ex could never understand why things would disappear and reappear at random in her car. It was great.

Okay, I'll bite. How do you record that into a Palm via the IR port?

I deliberately got the plain old metal key for my van. How do those electronic keys work after beach diving in salt water. Some black tape wrapped around the spare key and frame takes care of the times when I lock the key in.

I wish I had the technology to experiment with after reading the post, doesn't Onstar use RF to unlock the car.

Hey,
I have some Property in Arizona overlooking the ocean that I'm selling really cheap.

DiveGolfSki:
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Okay, I'll bite. How do you record that into a Palm via the IR port?

This one I dont know. I dont own nor have I ever used a palm. Go over to YD board and the title was the same as on this board, ask the guy that posted it.

DennisS:
I deliberately got the plain old metal key for my van. How do those electronic keys work after beach diving in salt water. Some black tape wrapped around the spare key and frame takes care of the times when I lock the key in.

I wish I had the technology to experiment with after reading the post, doesn't Onstar use RF to unlock the car.

as your old car key, if you black tape it around the frame :D

Gidds:
Ummm get out cell phone, call AAA, they come unlock your door, works just fine

Better yet, buy European so that it is virtually impossible to lock your keys in the car (unless you lock them in the trunk! :D )

SeanQ:
This is almost as silly as trying to cook food using an infrared TV remote.

I've done it before. I've made Doritos. Just put them on the table in front of your TV....hit the "ON" button of your remote to turn the TV on...open bag of Doritos and VOILA...start eating.

cmt489:
Better yet, buy European so that it is virtually impossible to lock your keys in the car (unless you lock them in the trunk! :D )

Actually the coolest car that can do this is the Mercedes 600 if memory serves. You basically carry a credit card around in your wallet or purse and as you approach the door it automatically unlocks. As you leave the car it automatically locks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom