Locations/maps/coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have the GPS coordinates for these two wrecks.
We have spent some time looking and I know we are close but have not found them yet.

The first one is the "Wawinet"? located near Honey Harbour.

The other is the "Paycheck", I used to have the GPS Coordinates for this one but I erased them by accident.
It is located near Oro Station.

Any info at all on these two wrecks would be very helpful.

Thanks

Papas Paycheque is at--N44.27.761--W79.28.851 The Wawinet is supposed to be --N44.49.300--W79.05.540 But I am not sure about this because I havent dove it yet. If you dive it and find it can you let me know if its correct or relay to me the correct coords ..

Thanks.

The numbers for Papa's Paycheck look to be dead on.

However when I use the numbers for the Wawinet they appear to put it just outside of Coopers Falls, a long way away from the water.

Could you please check those numbers again for me. Or could it be in the format?

Try this,,,-N44.49.300--W80.05.540 does this work? my guess it was just off one number .According to the info I have it is just south of Beausoleil Island in 25 ft of water.Let me know if this looks right when you compare the new coords with your map.

Getting closer.

Now it shows up on the mainland close to Christian Island.

Could it be N 44 49.300 W 79 50.540 ?? This puts it really close to where we were searching.

simcoediver:
Try this,,,-N44.49.300--W80.05.540 does this work? my guess it was just off one number .According to the info I have it is just south of Beausoleil Island in 25 ft of water.Let me know if this looks right when you compare the new coords with your map.

The first coordinate actually looks right. It puts the wreck just south of Beausoleil Island. The second coordinate however will need to be between W79 54.600 and W79 48.000 (Min Dec Format) (which unfortunately is almost 9km).. I've tried a bunch of permutations of the second coordinate (mixing decimals and changing formats and haven't found anything close with the two sets of coordinates that were provided above.)

Now W79.50.540 could work (as someone mentioned earlier)... That actually puts it right in line with the island and roughly the expected location.

Regards,

Icefrog, can Loran coordinates be calculated into GPS coordinates?The Loran numbers for the Wawinette are 29501.9 / 48970.7 .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom