Locations/maps/coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be diving several wrecks in the Penetanguishene area and was wondering if anyone has dove on the Wawinet. Is it a worthwhile shallow dive of interest?Is it easy to find?I have the coordinates 44 49 30 / 079 05 54 from a book that i will not name,is this accurate?Perhaps someone has more accurate coordinates to share?

GPS coordinates are great but... what if you don't have a GPS device?

I think for some of us ordinary folks :) the easiest way would be to have "regular" directions (i.e. JCMorrison directions at the beginning of the thread).

Thanks very much for putting this together.

Great idea.

safe diving.

deep_ocean

deep_ocean once bubbled...
GPS coordinates are great but... what if you don't have a GPS device?

I think for some of us ordinary folks :) the easiest way would be to have "regular" directions (i.e. JCMorrison directions at the beginning of the thread).

It's kind of hard to give "regular"directions to a spot on a huge lake were there are no signs
Like: go 4 miles due south until you see the big brown fish turn left until you see the sailboat then go right 1 mile and there's the wreck. GPS and sonar is the only way......Oh ya you need a boat too. :D

frogxman:
Following the recent poll I created this thread. Let's see how it will go. It's usefulness can be proved by posting the places you know about . The dive sites for any levels of divers are very welcome. The thread will by 'sticky' to the top and I will remove this part later.

This thread is intended for posting coordinates, maps, directions and descriptions of the dive sites around Ontario. It can be used as an online database. While posting to this thread please provide sufficient information for locating a dive spot as well as the description of the conditions, required equipment and an experience level. Please do not open discussions in this thread. If you want to correct the information in the particular post send a private message to the author.
Disclaimer: This thread is for general information only. Using this information is under reponsibility of the diver.

Following is a link to the Niagara Divers' "Lake Erie Mooring Project Page-Eastern Basin". It has the numbers for about 25-30 wrecks with write ups on some. Good site to check before you go out as it lists the current status of the moorings. It also has links to the SOS mooring project and the "Coast Guards Notice to Shipping" which updates all the mooring buoys on the lakes as they go back out in the spring.

http://www.vaxxine.com/advtech/moor/framesource.htm

The main NDA page also has links to a number of write ups on wrecks through out the Province. Ian

Does anyone have GSP co-ordinates for Cedarhill Park In Wiarton?

I have just been visiting this geodiving site with all the GPS numbers.

I really like the concept and the page is very well put together except for a few points.

1. (now this may be my fault) When I enter the numbers of a few wrecks that I do know the location of, they turn out to be very far off. Are all the locations wrong?

2. In the description there is no information as to the area the wrecks are located in, ie. nearest city, island, etc. I need to know a more specific location other than if it is in a river or a lake in Ontario.

3. (Again this may be my fault) But I cant seem to find anywhere what format the GPS numbers are given in. Each description should list the format so I can enter it properly in my GPS.

Does anyone know of any listings that are more acurate?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom