Location of 3rd Airport shuttle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellente. Mucho gracias senor….
Just to reiterate, ignore anyone who approaches you (possibly very "official" looking and possibly with a clipboard) and asks you where you are staying. They want to hook you into a timeshare presentation.

Or you can wheel your bags maybe 150 yards out to the traffic circle outside the airport and get a cab for 5 USD to El Centro.
Maybe, but I would not recommend it to a Cozumel newbie or someone with a lot of baggage. At minimum it's a 220 yard trek (reference: Google Earth Pro), and occasionally the powers that be on the island make it difficult. Someone told me a while back that they had to hike about a quarter mile to find a place to flag a cab.

Maybe, but I would not recommend it to a Cozumel newbie or someone with a lot of baggage. At minimum it's a 220 yard trek (reference: Google Earth Pro), and occasionally the powers that be on the island make it difficult. Someone told me a while back that they had to hike about a quarter mile to find a place to flag a cab.
It has worked several times for me with no failures or hassles. Long travel day sitting on 3 planes for me I have no interest in more waiting with a bunch of people. Just walk outside no stopping, airport time is over, get a good walk, get a cab. Similar walk as ADO bus stop in PDC to the ferry but all flat.

It has worked several times for me with no failures or hassles. Long travel day sitting on 3 planes for me I have no interest in more waiting with a bunch of people. Just walk outside no stopping, airport time is over, get a good walk, get a cab. Similar walk as ADO bus stop in PDC to the ferry but all flat.
I'll bet you aren't traveling with two 50lb bags, a carry on, and a "personal item". :D

I'll bet you aren't traveling with two 50lb bags, a carry on, and a "personal item". :D
50 # plastic wheeled bike box for my road bike, 50# checked wheeled duffle with a lot of dive gear, 30# roll aboard tied to wheeled duffle and a backpack. It's on wheels. This plan would not work for anyone not climbing the dive boat ladder with all their gear easily.

FishWatcher,
To a seasoned vet it is easy for you. To a 1st timer, wanting easiest, I stand by my answer. I have been to Cozumel over 40 times and still never felt the desire to haul 135lbs (me and wife's bags) in Hot and Humid conditions any further than in need. BTW the Landmark (The Hotel Cozumel) is in Zone Sur 1 (Start of Sur 1) not Central.

EDIT: Landmark should read The Hotel Cozumel Trademark

For those interested. Here is the Shuttle rates.

I agree NDL-Diver, not many people would choose my method.

But on the other hand the next day most divers are happily climbing a boat ladder with 70# of gear twice which is on the same magnitude or more of exertion.

FishWatcher,
To a seasoned vet it is easy for you. To a 1st timer, wanting easiest, I stand by my answer. I have been to Cozumel over 40 times and still never felt the desire to haul 135lbs (me and wife's bags) in Hot and Humid conditions any further than in need.
I'm with you, and the shuttle doesn't bother me at all. Yes, we are packed in like sardines, but we are very happy sardines just starting our vacations. :D

Agreed, not for a newbie. That will almost guarantee significant frustration at the least, and more likely a fight with the spouse.
When we were there in July, we had to walk WAY past Diego's. I've heard that they've gone back to the old airport boundaries at approximately Diego's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom