Location dive/accom in PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Its only 3 weeks until my 1st trip to the Philippines.
I am heading to PG for 10 days.

I have a couple of questions regarding location of accom, dive shop, shops, entertainment in PG/Sabang.

I have quotes from Atlantis, El Galleon, & out of the blue villas for accom & dive packages. All are ok.
Aim to dive 3 times per day. Are each of these places close to the dive shops, boats/beach.
I would like to be able to return to my accom between various dives.
Also are these places close to the various bars/restaurants/shops. Is it walking distance?
I am travelling alone, would any of these places be more suitable for a single traveller.

hi kev

all 3 of your quoted ops are top notch operations and have dive services built in to the resort itself (atlantis' op is at the lobby of the resort, el galleon is a few meters off the "lobby"/resto and OOTB villas has their dive op at the bottom of the steps in front of the beach)

all dive ops are on the beach itself so boarding is absolutely no problem... el galleon has its own pier so it's a longer walk vs. the other 2 ops.

returning to your room should not be a problem although OOTB would have the furthest to climb to your room vs. the other 2 ops...

close to various restos, etc. = YES. atlantis is on sabang itself w/c is where most of the restos and clubs are... also where you can find "entertainment" if that floats your boat.

el galleon is on the border of small lalaguna and sabang so is a 5-or-so minute walk to the same bars and such although small lalaguna DOES have its share of bars and restos (although quieter/ tamer than sabang) and The Point Bar of el galleon is an institution in itself and has seen many a PPDer make a total mess of himself... and we're not even talking of hammerheads here...

to get to sabang OOTB would have the furthest to walk... maybe 10 minutes-ish... give or take...

single traveler? my personal reco would be el galleon and/or atlantis (not necessarily in that order... they're both great ops) their built-in bars/resto will give you enough of a social scene w/o getting too far away from "home" or a great option to have a san mig or 2... or 3 or 4... before turning in for tomorrow's dive...

hope this helps

have a great time... i seriously know you will but let's just say it'll be more than you hoped for :biggrin:

Jag

I'll be in PG Nov. 1-3 if anyone of you is there be happy to chug down a couple of san migs with you :)

I'll be in PG Nov. 1-3 if anyone of you is there be happy to chug down a couple of san migs with you :)
I'll join you as soon as they take off that big needle off my right leg...

Kev, I'd reco the studio room in OOTB and the upper rooms (pay more, its nice) in Atlantis. Great view and a pool just outside your door in OOTB. Look for Huw James in Action Divers and Matt Reed in Atlantis.

Many thanks.
thats what i wanted to know.

I will go prob go with Ell Galleon. As its a bit cheaper. Just wanted top make sure i was not stuck away from shops& bars.
Anyway thanks for info.
Really looking forward to PG. i hope its a cross between the Gillis & bali which i have dived many times.
Bali has great diving but up north there is very little to do during the evenings.Gilli is great , nice beach & nightlife , outdoor movies, some bars & clubs but the diving is not so good.

I'll be in PG from 7 to 11/Nov. anyone??? @ the Point bar??? Kev. El Galleon & Asiadivers are great. you won't regret about your choice! :wink:

Really looking forward to PG. i hope its a cross between the Gillis & bali which i have dived many times.
Bali has great diving but up north there is very little to do during the evenings.Gilli is great , nice beach & nightlife , outdoor movies, some bars & clubs but the diving is not so good.

Beaches on Gili Trawagan,Air, etc. are much better, but as you said the diving sux there... :wink:

Just watch out for an intoxicated Japanese gal at The Point Bar Nov 7-11... She'll be passed out at the bar with toilet paper wrapped around her head like that Halloween mummy pic under her avatar... :mooner:

toilet paper????? had a fish on my head but not TPed yet!? I might be going to HKg in end Nov. so watch out!? ;p

Back
Top Bottom