Local temps update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakkis

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
So I heard that Blue Springs, IN and Mermett Springs were both in the low 50s at the surface.

This is UNPOSSIBLE![sic] :O

Can anyone confirm?

Woo hoo!! Could we see 50-55 degree surface temps for the Dui Dog Days Rally at Beaver Lake the 14th?

My local quarry is still "cold" at the surface, and 39F at 30 feet. Lakes I'd think should be warming up nicely. I kind of thought last year's rally at Beaver had temps in the 60's. I know both my DUI demo suits flooded last year and I didn't get cold, so it had to be somewhat warmer.

Surface Temp at Table Rock this last weekend was 58*. First thermocline was noticable at 28ft with a second at 48ft. Bottom temp was 42*.

How was the vis at Table Rock?

I dove a 5 acre pond this past weekend and it was about 55* at the surface and 44* and 45ft, but the vis was BAD, about 4 ft.

rakkis:
So I heard that Blue Springs, IN and Mermett Springs were both in the low 50s at the surface.

This is UNPOSSIBLE![sic] :O

Can anyone confirm?

The Atmos 2 was reading 49 at the surface on 3/18. I could easily see the lower 50's the last couple of weeks.

Vis at TR was not much better. We saw about 10ft at best. Most of the time probably 7-8ft. They had experienced quite a bit of rain in the previous couple of days and it was really windy all weekend also. i don't know if either of these had much effect, but I have definately had better weekends. Still, we got wet so it was all good!

Back
Top Bottom