local shore dives (rochester, NY area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
anyone know of any good shore dives in the rochester, ny area? I basically just don't care about the content, just want a place to dive... has anyone tried deep run the past couple weeks?

eh, it was I who posted this... didnt realize Jackie's screenname was logged on my laptop... anyways... go on...

Hey!!

I haven't been to Deep Run Park since Labor Day Weekend. We've been wondering too!!

I hear that there is a small Tug off the end of Long Pond. 200 yards out from a green house. I haven't checked it out yet.

I once dived Lake Ontario with my son, in front of a freinds house. We use half our air going out, after a surface swim. We figured we'd have half for coming back and at worst case we'd have a longer surface swim. We only got to 18'!!! because of this I doubt if there is much good shore diving.

There is a spot at Webster Park. I hear that it's 12' max and 2-4' vis.

I guess I'll just keep driving to Lake Erie or the 1000 Islands!!

If you check out the wreck off of Long Pond, Please let us know what it's like!!

Rick

I think we're pretty much SOL.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom