Local Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you did'nt get certified PADI, ..you would'nt need a refreasher,...LOL,...only kidding I was with PADI 86 - 99

I'm near Ponce De Leon, mile marker 96 on I-10 near VOrtex, Morrison and Cypress springs. I have been certified since 74, current instructor with SDI. If you want to hit the springs and get wet for a refresher, let me know.

ScubaKris:
Dive Kitten, Nice photo,..is that from a traffic light or speed zone enforcement camera?

No, it was from sheer bordem. And my digi cam. I leave for work at 5:30 pm, so I spend most of my commute sitting at traffic lights on East Bay Dr.

CoolTech:
Dang, where have you been all my life? :D

Do you have a purple sneaker affinity that I don't know about yet? Will I have to hire someone to protect my sneakers on the shore if we dive together??? *LOL*

eandiver:
Out of curiosity what are you using for a BC?

Do you use AL 80's or a smaller tank like the S/G steel 80?

Reason for asking is at 5'1" the choices seem to be some what limited for a female and I'm getting info for someone interested in purchasing gear.

No, I have a women's ScubaPro BC - the jacket style - and I wear regular tanks with it. More often then not, the tank will bop me in the back of the head if I put my head back too much. I've thought about diving w/ a smaller tank, esp since I trained for years as an actor and have very good breath control, but I don't, mostly out of pride. I already hate having to use a girly looking pink BC, I refuse to not be able to play with the big boys even more by using a small, girly tank too!

DiveKitten:
No, I have a women's ScubaPro BC - the jacket style - and I wear regular tanks with it. More often then not, the tank will bop me in the back of the head if I put my head back too much. I've thought about diving w/ a smaller tank, esp since I trained for years as an actor and have very good breath control, but I don't, mostly out of pride. I already hate having to use a girly looking pink BC, I refuse to not be able to play with the big boys even more by using a small, girly tank too!

ummm....I asked more for the tech aspect. I assume regular tanks mean Al 80s....I just sold 2 of my Sherwood/Genesis Steel Hp 80's that I used to use (small girly style tanks). Holds as much air as a AL 80 but is shorter in length if you position it right ( no head bop) and heavier (less lead) so you have less weight on your waist. Personally I use a doubled set of PST E7-100's. It's not a matter of pride so much as knowing which tank/setup suits your skill/style. Maybe I didn't word it right the first time.

PS ScubaPro makes womens BC's in colors other than pink.

hmmm,.. I am a pretty good size guy, spent 12 years in the marines, certified for 32 years. Last year I sold a 72 and 4 of my 80's. I kept 4 80's, rerely use them. I have 2 50's and 2 63s's I love the 63's and still find that I get 45 BT at the springs. Most dives are to 60'. even when I want to go deeper, I sling a pony 30 . If you ever end up this way , you can try some out

I have delt with Calypso and they are a very nice shop. If your in Tampa, they are a sure bet for PADI training. You can't miss them, they are right off the interstate at Bearss ave and have a huge Diver Down flag on the pole.

Chris

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom